4995 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Click on "Modify Display Indexes" throws an java exception

DSV12
Frequent Advisor

Click on "Modify Display Indexes" throws an java exception

Hi, all!

iMC PLAT 7.2 (E0403P06) (Standard Edition, Linux). When I try to click "Modify Display Indexes" I immediately get a pop up error window with url something like: https://xxx.xxx.xxx:8443/imc/perfm/extend/perfDetailTaskList.jsf?devId=2097 and with "Errors Detail" like:

javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException: Property 'perfSysParaMgr' not found on type com.h3c.imc.perfm.extend.view.PerfExtendTaskBean
at javax.el.BeanELResolver$BeanProperties.get(BeanELResolver.java:290)
at javax.el.BeanELResolver$BeanProperties.access$300(BeanELResolver.java:243)
at javax.el.BeanELResolver.property(BeanELResolver.java:377)

What does this error mean? And how to fix this problem?

TIA,

Sergei

2 REPLIES 2
DSV12
Frequent Advisor

Re: Click on "Modify Display Indexes" throws an java exception

Hi, all!

Upgrading from E0403P06 to E0403P10 corrected the problem with java exeption while click "Modify Display Indexes". But a new problem is appeared: widget 'Important Devices' stopped to work - now it just a blank window, regardless of the number of the selected devices. Miracle :)

WBR,

Sergei

DSV12
Frequent Advisor

Re: Click on "Modify Display Indexes" throws an java exception

Hi, all!

Miracles continue - IMC v7.2 E0403P10 did not work properly: every time after IMC-host was rebooted, within few hours fully stopped coming events from the monitored equipment (counters in status bar in low left corner are "frozen", no any e-mail alarms on critical alarms etc). And stopped to work widget 'Important Devices' - it became empty.

In /opt/iMC/client/log/imcforeground.log file I found an error:

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

In accordance with the recommendations from the document "H3C IMC Platform Troubleshooting Guide" I have increased Max Heap memory size first from current 2048 to 3072 then from 3072 to 3584 (further increase can't be - no more available RAM) but it did not help: about two o'clock in the morning, this error appeared again in the log.

As a result, I had to revert back to the version E0403P06 - and these problems have disappeared. But came back the problem with non-working link "Modify Display Indexes" (java exeption).