1748245 Members
3676 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Connecting to database failed on install

Edie209
Occasional Advisor

Connecting to database failed on install

I am trying to install iMC 5.2 on a Windows 2008R2 server with SQL2008 sp2.  But I can't get no further than "Checking installation Parameters"

The Database is a default instance, and I can connect to the database if I create a .udl file to test connection.

But I just keep getting "Connecting to database failed.  Make sure that the database is running normally and that you have input the correct login information"

I am at a loss having been trying to sort this out for two days now and unable to get a straight  answer from HP support. 

I will now search the forum again in case I have missed something 

4 REPLIES 4
Edie209
Occasional Advisor

Just an Update

Out of desperation I thought I would try 5.1 and so far that has gone through the install process.

Question is there a problem with 5.2 or can you only upgrade?

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

You should be able to do an install of 5.2 - you don't need to upgrade from 5.1. 

I have done three clean installs of 5.2, and all were successful, except for one where we needed to change the model DB setup. That was a very specific case though.

Are you using a remote DB? What do your SQL Server logs show? What about the IMC installation logs?

udaychalla
Occasional Visitor

Follow the process attached in the  file, i have tried my issue got resolved......

Thanks,

Udaychalla

udaychalla
Occasional Visitor

Follow the process attached below, i have tried my issue got resolved...... Thanks, Udaychalla

IMC sql server password braking process.jpg