5082 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Create scheduled reports with performance view

Ewoud
Occasional Visitor

Create scheduled reports with performance view

Hello there!

I've been cracking my head over this one and I can't seem to figure out how to do it or even find out if it's possible at all.

I currently use the performance view to monitor throughput on the WAN interfaces of devices added to IMC. I would like to make weekly and/or monthy reports and email them with these throughput statistics. Preferably with the graphs that are offered in the performance view. See screenshot below.

So, to make it simple. Can I put the above screenshot into something scheduled and have it emailed to one or multiple addresses?

---

Running:
iMC PLAT 7.3 (E0705P06)
Standard edition.
No Intelligent Analysis Report in our posession.

5 REPLIES 5
jguse
HPE Pro

Re: Create scheduled reports with performance view

Hello,

While it's possible to get a scheduled report with throughput information, I don't think you can get a report exactly as you are describing it, unless you did some extensive work on your own custom report template with the IAR module.

Check out Report > Scheduled Reports > Add Scheduled Report. Here you can select which report template you'd like to use - there are 3 different ones for Performance Mgmt specifically. You probably want to try them out via the Report Template List first to see what works for you, such as Performance View Summary Report.

Then just set up the schedule and where to e-mail the report (can add multiple emails or a distribution list), and you'll get it via e-mail regularly. Unfortunately it won't include all the graphs like the Performance View does though.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
Ewoud
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I tried that already. Sadly, that's not really useful as we really need something to see the throughput per 30-60 minutes throughout a week.

We want to collect this data to forward it to sites of us to show them the performance weekly/monthly. Mainly so also to protect ourselves from the 'You need to upgrade the internet subscription it's slow.' phrase as well as to just rule out it's not that (or is.)

Does the IAR module fully offer the graphs to be mailed on a weekly basis in a custom report?
Would there be any trial license available. Also, what is the estimated price? I cannot seem to find a good source for that or would I need a quote?

jguse
HPE Pro

Hello,

I'm afraid there might not be any simple, convenient solution for you here. There's no feature in IAR that offers you to simply show specific graphs. You run a separate software called Intelligent Analysis Report that is essentially a JasperReports-based custom report template designer. You can use that template designer without any license - the license for IAR is needed only when you want to import and use the custom templates in iMC.

It can be a fairly challenging process to set up your own templates, at least if you aren't that familiar with JasperReports, but if you want to give it a try, there's some details on how to get started with it here - https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c05301697&docLocale=en_US

Regarding pricing and getting a quote, you'd need to contact HPE Sales or a partner about that.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
Ewoud
Occasional Visitor

Hi Justin,

So... If I get it right. To make the rapport. I do not need a license? But I do need a license to see and use it IMC? How would I then use the template outside of IMC with the data that is inside IMC?

Also. I see to create a template I need to launch iAR V2. What about it?

jguse
HPE Pro

Hello,

I mean that you do not need a license to install and use the separate software called iAR V2, which you can install on any recent Windows system, and which is used to design the custom Report Templates.

However the iAR V2 tool does not actually run the templates you create to provide you with a report using the data from your iMC - for that you would need to import the template into iMC and run it (on demand or scheduled). This is where you would need the iAR license. In other words, you don't need it to design reports, but you need it to run them in your iMC.

iAR V2 software is what you download from the iAR page here.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo