5769 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Custom Views in iMC 7.1 are empty.

Andy_Dalton
Occasional Contributor

Custom Views in iMC 7.1 are empty.

Hi,

I have created multiple custom views within iMC 7.1 all set to automatically add devices from a designated rule.

The only rule I am filling in is a network segment for each custom view i.e.

10.132.0.1-10.132.3.255 as each site has a 10.x.y.z/22 subnet.

When devices are added/imported/auto-discovered they do not appear within any custom view but do appear within the correct IP view.

The only devices appearing in each custom view is the router that I manually imported with the CustomViewName field populated.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Andy.

5 REPLIES 5
Andy_Dalton
Occasional Contributor

Re: Custom Views in iMC 7.1 are empty.

Device type filtering doesn't work either.

A custom view for each HP series we use i.e.

HP_1800

HP_2500

HP_2600

etc.

Each of those is set to auto import each of the relevant switch models i.e.

HP_2600 is set to auto import 2610 24 port, 2610 48 port, 2620 24 port etc.

However after auto discovery is run against a network segment containing a mix of switch......every switch discovered appears in every cusom view !?

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

I suspect that the rules for automatically adding devices matching a network segment only check the primary IP of the device. (I don't know this for certain, it's just a suspicion). 

When you're trying to match by IP, is that the IP that IMC uses to monitor those devices, or another interface? What happens if you create a rule that matches on the mgmt IP of those devices?

Andy_Dalton
Occasional Contributor

Hi Lindsay,

these are all switches with just 2 VLANS and an IP only on VLAN 1.

The IP filters are the only filter on those custom views and are not being applied at all.....i.e. after an autoscan no new devices appear within the custom view despite the IP range matching.

The system oid filters again are the only filter on those custom views but they show every device found rather than only those defined in the filters.

Regards,

Andy.

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

I've just done some tests with my lab E0303P13 system, and I get the same results as you. Using Device Groups worked as expected, but Custom Views didn't. I think you'll need to log a support case.

Andy_Dalton
Occasional Contributor

Hi Lindsay,

HP support won't accept bug reports from those with no support contract and our has expired.

Regards,

Andy.