1752805 Members
5820 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Delete or AutoRecover - Alarm Level Configuration

racowi
Frequent Advisor

Delete or AutoRecover - Alarm Level Configuration

Would be nice if you guys add a funtion to delete a alarm after a specific time. 
I've checked the Alarm Level Configuration section but is only to upgrade alarms to another level.

I need something like that but to delete or restore automatically, so I don't have to clear stuff by myself.

Ex: A Switch rebooted and we got the "Cold start on the device" alarm. Ok fine, thanks for let me know... but the alarm never clear by itself. During 1 month or less I probably have like 700 similar alarms under Info or Warning Level that I need to clear by myself because everything usually came back to normal after half day or 1-2 days.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
racowi
Frequent Advisor

any help?

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

didn't see any built in features for this. Maybe the REST api supports that.

It may work to use SQL against the DB - the alarms are stored in several monitor_db tables and if you set the ack_type and recover_type values for unrecovered alarms, that will clear them. There is an acked_time value and user name as well to set. The timestamp is tricky - the value is in seconds from some specifc date/time - not sure what date. But you could use a recent alarm as a base value. Select all that are unrecovered and set those values from 0 to 1 with a delta time of your choice. Set this up as a recurring script somewhere.

Try this after you've made a backup of your DB - can't guarantee this will work without unintended side effects.

racowi
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the reply. 
I'm very new to all of the REST API, so I can't do it.

And I'm also not to good with the SQL. 

I wish I could find a great tutorial about this.