3996 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Device panel pack needed from IMC 7.2

pattap
Regular Advisor

Device panel pack needed from IMC 7.2

Hello

My new switches, HP5510 are not displayed correctly  and devices are not fully recognise by IMC

CAP2.PNG

Could someone get me a device panel pack from a newer version of IMC, 7.2 or newer if one exists.

This can be done by going to System> Panel Management, see the below, the file is zipped and it's only about 5mb, you just then hit export and pick location for the file to be saved at.

CAP1.PNG

9 REPLIES 9
pattap
Regular Advisor

I have got a panel pack but it doesn't seem to be fixing the issue

I don't understand why this isn't working, see the below taken from device information page

Capture.PNG

IMC picks up system description correctly but no device model

I'm not sure what OID is for that so not able to test with operate the inputted OID function from IMC

RPapaux
Valued Contributor

Hello,

Verify that your switch is configured in the vendor object database.

System -> Resource Management -> Device definition

Your switch should be configured with the correct oid in the "Device Model" tab.

If not there, try to add it manually or reinstall the last patch.

BR

Ray

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

You should see it there, at least in the current 7.2 E0403P10

HP5510 series.png

pattap
Regular Advisor

Hi Both

Yes Ray, you are right, it wasn't there. In my iMC PLAT 7.0 (E0202P03) though it seems I need to go to
system>resource management>device model. None of those entries that you Neil showed on yours are showing.

And when I try to add it manually 5510 is not even on the list,

Capture.JPG

I've also imported a new device panel into IMC, the one from you NeilR

Just wondering if after importing device panel file I need to restart IMC?

RPapaux
Valued Contributor

Hi,

The safest way would be to upgarde to 7.2 witn patch P10 and you would have an "officially" supported environment for your 5510.

If for any reason you cannot do so, you might start a manual integration:

- Add "Device Series" and "Device Model" according to the screen shot supplied by NeilR.

Beware that you will then have a "Custom-defined" switch with a supported ObjectId, so if you decide to upgrade later on you might have to delete your "custom 5510" to avoid oid conflict.

I have no experience with device panel pack, but I have exported mine from the 11 (HP) EnterpriseId. It looks they are dealing with native HP devices only, not H3C rebranded, and I cannot find any H3C EnterpriseId (25506) either ... so I cannot really help here.

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

It is not neccessary to restart imc after importing the device panels. The device panels are the cosmetic display for the open device panel command. If a matching device panel does not exist, then a generic one will open.

A generic device panel should open for any device with a valid snmp configuration. The generic panel uses the interface list to show ports. I have verified with 3rd party devices not in imc.

If no panel opens then you should check the snmp settings.

But really the best option is to update you imc installation. 7.2 is defintely much improved over 7.0

pattap
Regular Advisor

IMC does display generic image.

We'll probably start thinking about upgrading to 7.2 - is there anything you need to do in order to transfer the existing license etc?

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

You can upgrade in place if you plan to run the same h/w or VM.

Or you can build up a new installation, then contact support to move the license - discussed elewhere on the forum.

A new install can run for 45 days w/o a license while you sort out the transfer. 

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

@pattap wrote:

We'll probably start thinking about upgrading to 7.2 - is there anything you need to do in order to transfer the existing license etc?

If you're upgrading an existing system, then your license should continue to work. If you're migrating to a new server, you will need to get your license regenerated.