4323 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Export information from CLI script to email

aroman
Occasional Advisor

Export information from CLI script to email

Hi,

I have written a CLI script in iMC version 7.3 (E0703) to get the statistics from some interfaces in a switch. I would like to execute this CLI script periodically (every 2 days), and collect this information if possible on an Excel file

Is there a way to export the information generated by a CLI script (the one display in "CLI script running process") and send it for example via email?

I remember that other products similar to iMC like HP Network Automation (HPNA, now called Micro Focus Network Automation) had this functionality, and it could export the results on an Excel file via email

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
jguse
HPE Pro

Hello,

Maybe someone else has a suggestion, but I'm not aware of any way to do this with IMC. Though I think it's a great idea and something IMC should support. Can you please check with your HPE Sales/Account Management rep and open a Feature Request for this?

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
aroman
Occasional Advisor

Hi Justin,

Thanks a lot for your answer, hopefully somebody has a solution

I agree with you that this is a feature that should be included in iMC. Unfortunately, in the past (since October of 2018) I also tried to request some other Feature Change Requests for iMC to HPE, in order to add support for the ICC module for Arista and Dell switches, but nobody has answered me yet

Regards,

Alonso Roman

I am a former HPE employee

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

I would agree - sales rep path is pretty unlikley to suceed. I purchase through a VAR and their staff changes all the time. I did have a HPE sales engineer contact for a while but he faded during the HP thin years. To dig out the current if existing person and chase them down, get them familiar etc is too painful and haphazard.

Seems like there needs to be a better way to directly submit suggestions - and see if they are even in the queue

jguse
HPE Pro

Hello,

Sorry to hear you have trouble logging such requests. I'm in Support and such requests are out of scope for us.

You could try (for EMEA region): https://www.hpe.com/emea_europe/en/networking/management.html

Mouse-over the Contact bubble in the top right, and there are options to call/e-mail/chat with a Sales rep (have not tried this myself as I'm internal).

Regarding the Arista and Dell adapter submission, IMC currently supports a pretty wide variety of Arista and Dell models for ICC. I'm aware of an ongoing issue on Arista DCS, but that is being fixed. May I ask what you had proposed to add/change?

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
aroman
Occasional Advisor

Hi Justin,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion, I asked somebody from HPE Sales to contact me back for the iMC Feature Change Request

Regards,

Alonso Roman