1748261 Members
3730 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: File Transfer Mode woes

lskarha
Occasional Advisor

File Transfer Mode woes

When I set Service | Configuration Center | Options | File Transfer Mode to TFTP I get errors when trying to deploy an OS update on an HP/Aruba switch.  If I set File Transfer Mode to SCP I get no errors when deploying the OS update.

I hear everyone cheering :o)

However the oposite seems to be true then when I deploy a Device Configuration. If File Transfer Mode is set to TFTP I can push a .cfg file with no problem but when I set File Transfer Mode to SCP I get Failed:

Deploy running configuration file to device | Adapter does not suport | 1) Please synchronize Refresh Device 2) Check if the adapter and adapter file is exist 3) Check if the device support the transfer protocol 4) Check if the login type in device details is set to none.

#1 Synchronized/Refreshed - still get same error

#2 I don't know what #2 means

#3 I'm pretty sure the device understands the transport protocol as it was used to update the OS

#4 Login Type is set to SSH which again worked for OS update

I guess #2 is my problem but again I don't know what it means, please assist if you do.

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Nitish_N
HPE Pro

Hi,

Please share the iMC software vesion and folder(Aurba Network, H3C, Hewlett Packard) from the iMC install path $:\Program Files\iMC\server\conf\adapters\ICC. Also let me know if you have  tried loading the MIB under system, MIB management as sometimes it works..  System->Resource Management->MIB Management ---> Tools--> Load MIB.

-N

Accept or Kudo
lskarha
Occasional Advisor

iMC PLAT 7.3 (E0605P06)

foler forthcoming

lskarha
Occasional Advisor

Sorry for sabbatical...had a few weeks off.  I am still struggling with this and I'm not sure what you are asking for.  Are  you asking me to create a network share on the specified folders or are  you asking me to share with you the file contents of these folders?

Folder contents:

Aruba Networks -> Aruba205 (folder), Aruba800 (folder), Aruba8400 (folder) and adapter-index.xml (file)

H3C -> H3CCommon (folder), H3CV7Snmp (folder), HP1910 (folder), HP1920 (folder), HPOEMV7Snmp (folder) and adapter-index.xml (file)

Hewlett Packard -> HP_H3CCommon (folder), HP_H3CV7Snmp (folder), HPGvE2C (folder), HPM220 (folder), HPProcurve (folder), HPProcurve2500 (folder), HPProcurve2524 (folder), HPProcurve2600 (folder), HPProcurve2626 (folder), HPProcurve2800 (folder), HPProcurve3400 (folder), HPProcurve3500 (folder), HPProcurveMSM (folder), HPProcurveStack (folder), HPProLiant (folder), HPVC (folder), HPVCBladeSystem (folder), Yellowknife (folder) and adapter-index.xml (file).

Nitish_N
HPE Pro

Hi Isarha,

For the issue, we have to check the icc logs of where the transfer is getting stucked and if its calling the correct script while  transfering the file. I will suggest if you can log a HPE Support case for further investigation.

-N

Accept or Kudo