6380 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Filter traps parameter

Mbaadk
Occasional Advisor

Filter traps parameter

Hi

I want to filter interface traps, by the Parameter Name and Value. The traps i want to filter is common traps from interfdaces such as, Blocked by STP, AAA, PoE... They all share the same trap OID except the last ID before the enterprise specific... -> 1.3.6.1.4.1.11.2.3.7.11.50.6.2 <- the 50.6.2 could be 115.6.2 or 23.6.2, for another switch model.

As i see it, I should filter these trap by making a filter for each switch model, or could I make a filter that uses a wildcard like this -> 1.3.6.1.4.1.11.2.3.7.11.*.6.2 and by the parameter??

2 REPLIES 2
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

I've been wondering about that trap. It looks a bit like it's sending syslog as traps (as opposed to sending 'proper' traps, where each event type is its own trap). This makes it challenging to filter.

I haven't done much with traps on ProCurve gear. Do they have the ability to send proper traps, or do they just forward all events under one OID?

If they don't send proper traps, it might be better to get them to send syslogs (and not traps), and then you've got other filtering capabilities. 

Mbaadk
Occasional Advisor

I've changed the parameter for targetaddress, from "filter all" to "filter not-info". It removed all inform traps about AAA, STP, PoE.