1753792 Members
7211 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Filtering Desktops and Discovery

khaldeman
Occasional Contributor

Filtering Desktops and Discovery

There are a couple of things that have been haunting me while configuring IMC.

1.  How do I turn off auto-discovery now that my network has been discovered?  I don't care about desktops, there are over 1000 of them and I don't care about them or printers.

2.  How can I turn off performance monitoring of an entire device group like "Desktops"?  I typically know the IP ranges of these devices.  I've got trap filtering turned on for all desktop ports on switches, so that has cut down on many needless alarms, but I could care less about ping response times from a printer at 2:00am. 

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
ibias
Regular Advisor

Re: Filtering Desktops and Discovery

To your 1. question: If you use the "ADvanced Option" in Auto Discovery (find it on the right side) where you can change between Basic and Advanced, there is an Option in "Network Segment-based dicovery, unlike "Discover non-SNMP devices".

If you delete all Desktop devices, then after a new auto-discover no one will come back.

To your 2.question: Click on Desktop, so that all desktops are visipble, mark all, pull down "More" and under "Device Monitor" cancel it.

Hope you have imc V7.3P03 installed.

khaldeman
Occasional Contributor

Re: Filtering Desktops and Discovery

Thanks for the tips.  I'll give it a try.  I also found that you can filter by device type when auto discoverying by network segment. I have added Desktops to that filter.  We'll see tonight if they come back.