1752780 Members
6161 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Fortigate monitoring with Devmon & SNMP template

leviya
Occasional Contributor

Fortigate monitoring with Devmon & SNMP template

I'm trying to monitor some aspects from our Fortigate firewall (like how many traffic goes through each tunnel) through a combination of Xymon, Devmon and SNMP.

I downloaded the MIB files from the Fortinet site and managed to extract some values. However, it seems quite time absorbing to insert all this info manually in my Devmon config files.

So the question is: aren't there any default templates that you can download which center the important stuff?

For instance the CPU. You can have the CPU user percentage (very useful), the type (useful) or the packets received by a processor (useful, but is not supported by every processor). If I have to go through every entry in the two MIB files, then I'm not done by the new year.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
ibias
Regular Advisor

Re: Fortigate monitoring with Devmon & SNMP template

Did you add your Fortigate device in imc and cann connect to this per SNMP read or read/write? Fortigate is a not supported vendor at the actual version of imc, so in the first step you must add it and try to connect per SNMP with the standard SNMP MIB's which are default included in imc. Than import the MIB for Fortigate. Create a zip file with all MIBS from Fortigate and compile it in imc.

If you see the device and can connect, than normally the CPU usage is a default performance value for all devices. Other performance view's than you can add in Performance Monitoring--> Global Peformance View--> Add Custom Index.

Good luck.