1753717 Members
4340 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: GAM and guest access log (not guest manager log).

battagfe
Advisor

GAM and guest access log (not guest manager log).

Hi all,

I want to describe a problem that I found during my configuration of iMC UAM 5.2.

I need to define a guest management service.

I configured the service with GAM.

Well, the receptionist now can create new guests and then authentication works well, but if I go on GAM > Guest Access Log I can see only the operator log.

This is a problem, because is very important, for law reasons, to have guest access logs: login time/logout time. I don’t know why iMC can’t track access details.

This is very strange, I think, because probably in all environments is important to have access log for high risk users, like guest.

Can can someone say me if is there a possibility to have this kind of logs?

BR

2 REPLIES 2
Peter_Debruyne
Honored Contributor

Hi,

What device are you using for the guest access (which radius client: MSM, WX, switches, other?), since the access device must be configured with proper radius accounting for IMC UAM to receive this logging information,

Best regards,Peter

battagfe
Advisor

Hi,

tnx for your answer.

I use MSM760.

But are u sure that:

- if I use GAM for guest management >> I can see access logs of guest account (not the guest operator) ?!?

- if I use standard UAM for guest management >> I can see access logs of guest account (not the guest manager) ?!?

And then:

- if I use GAM, is possible to associate a Name/Surname/Company/IdentityCard to the account? On GAM manager page I have seen that you can set only the name, and password expiration. :(

- if I use standard UAM for guest management I can create a typical account with all filed (name, surname, etc...), but is possibile to personalize the guest creation page?

BR

battagfe