108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP IMC 7.3 Logs out when running report

SOLVED
Go to solution
jhooverpfcu
Occasional Advisor

HP IMC 7.3 Logs out when running report

I am trying to view reports in HP IMC 7.3 E0605P06 and no matter which report I choose it instantly takes me back to the log in screen as soon as I try to view it. I am logging in with the admin account so permission isn't an issue. Any help would be appreciated.

I guess a second question would be, do I need to have IAR installed to run any kind of reporting?

6 REPLIES 6
jhooverpfcu
Occasional Advisor
Solution

Had to contact HP support and they modified the XML file to remove a blank port number for the DB which resolved the issue. If you have a similar issue I recommend calling support. 

znichols
Occasional Visitor

Can you advise which xml file it was? I'm having the same problem. Thanks

ProsperBZH
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

does anyone know which XML file is the cause of this issue?

Thanks?

jguse
HPE Pro

Hello,

The details were not posted here but I managed to find them for you. Here's the proper solution.

1. Stop the iMC from the Monitor tab of DMA

2. Stop the related service in Windows Services (Intelligent Management Server / HP iMC Server)

3. Navigate to the following path in Windows Explorer: iMC\common\conf, open the server-addr.xml and save it on the Desktop for example (you should make a backup of the original file as you will change it on the next step).

4. Open the server-addr.xml file (the initial one, not the backup) and remove the following: port="${iMC-PLAT['DATABASE_PORT']} (be careful and remove only this, no further characters from the file)

5. Start iMC after starting the related service in Windows Services.

Hope that helps!

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
ProsperBZH
Occasional Contributor

Hi Justin,

Thank you for your answer and your research.

Unfortunately it don't help: the command line "port=xxx" doesn't exist in "server-addr.xml" file.

I don't find a similar command in any other XML configuration file in iMC folder.

I'm not very lucky with IMC these times

Greetings.

ley_1
Advisor

I have the problem too IMC PLAT 7.3 (E0705P07) with My-SQL seems to be a global problem. But unfortunately I don't have a solution yet

Thomas