4599 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

HP IMC PLAT 7.1- Security Audit on Switches and Router Configs

supdude
Occasional Contributor

HP IMC PLAT 7.1- Security Audit on Switches and Router Configs

Greetings,

Throwing this out there and seeing of someone knows if a specific module is required to audit my router and switch configurations within IMC?  I could just as easy do this using NIpper Studio or something else, however, I would like to know if IMC already does this by default or if there is a module required.  HP Sales wasn't too much help, and going over the list of modules specs, I cannot see a specifiic function in each module that does that.  

Essentially, something that does compliance, configuration, security and vulnerability checks against my configs. 

Any help or direction will be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Andrew 

2 REPLIES 2
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Re: HP IMC PLAT 7.1- Security Audit on Switches and Router Configs

The Standard & Enterprise versions includ Compliance Management features by default. It's a core module.

This lets you run compliance checks against your devices - either by looking at the latest running/startup config, or by logging into the device, running commands, and checking output.

IMC includes a bunch of pre-defined checks you can run, but you'll probably end up using those to build up your own compliance policies.

You've got lots of options around what patterns to look for, although it can take a little bit to figure out how to get it all doing what you want. I wrote a blog series a while ago on how to use the compliance feature - http://lkhill.com/series/imc-compliance/

It's a little out of date now, and you'll find some screens have changed, but it's basically the same workflow. 

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

Re: HP IMC PLAT 7.1- Security Audit on Switches and Router Configs

Thanks Lindsay, that helped sort out the worklfow - well explained.

It's a powerful feature, and my first trial turned up a config I forgot to update. The "Fix" feature is a nice option once you've found the issue.