New Discussion юеВ

HP IMC - Problem with updateing from 7.1 toi 7.2

SOLVED
Go to solution
cr1zz
Occasional Visitor

HP IMC - Problem with updateing from 7.1 toi 7.2

Hey all,

unfortunately I have some problems with upgrading my IMC system from 7.1 to 7.2. IMC is running on CentOS.

I opened the DMA and batch upgraded my components. The component 'Intelligent Configuration Center' is the onyl component which throws an exception.

I can see in the deploylog.txt

Timestamp: 2016-07-08 15:24:52
Component ID: iMC-ICC
Name: iMC Platform - Intelligent Configuration Center
Version: iMC PLAT 7.2 (E0403)
InnerVersion: V700R001B06D008(HP)
Address: 127.0.0.1
Operation: Update completed
Result: failed
Fail reason: Slave deploy failed
--------------------------------------------------

In the dmalog I found the following error:

2016-07-08 15:24:52 [ERROR] [SwingWorker-pool-1-thread-2] [com.h3c.imc.deploy.tasks.BuildDatabaseTask$a::a(918)] Execute database script error! return value: 1. For details, see log file: /etc/iMC-Reserved/log/dbresult_201607081524528.log
2016-07-08 15:24:52 [ERROR] [SwingWorker-pool-1-thread-2] [com.h3c.imc.deploy.dma.SlaveUpdateWorker::doWork(197)] Task execute failed

At last the error in the dbresult.log

Begin to install imcicc database and data...
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -
Begin to install icc_db data...
ERROR 1060 (42S21) at line 1: Duplicate column name 'release_time'
The install of imcicc finished unsuccessfully, please contact your local IMC support centre.

What to do here? It's a standard standalone installation.

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
NeilR
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: HP IMC - Problem with updateing from 7.1 toi 7.2

I have the same issue but with WSM, going from the base to the patch. It has to do with some issue converting the exsiting data migrated from 7.1. I tried it several times, but unless you delete the existing data it won't go forward.

If you don't care about the existing data then delete it you can undeploy the module and it will ask if you want to delete the data. After you can redeploy and it should work. Backup your DB first.

If you want to preserve the data then you should log a ticket. HP should be informed of these issues.

I'm still waiting on some resolution. 

cr1zz
Occasional Visitor

Hello NeilR,

undeploying and redeploying the module did the trick.

Luckily there wasn't any data which had to be preserved. 

Thanks alot.

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

Update on my similar situation.

HP support discovered that the upgrade would not process because the newly supported devices the script was trying to add conflicted with a custom AP device I had already added. The index ranges for System devices in 7.2 vs User devices in 7.1 overlapped.

Deleting the custom  entry in the Devices screen did not remove the entry in the DB, so deletion at the SQL table/record level was required.

I'd suspect there are other areas where this issue in 7.1 may affect upgrade to 7.2. If you have similar symptoms and don't want to delete the data then some work in the DB will be needed. Look for custom entries related to the affected module.