cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Unknown Switches

John Anvari
Advisor

HP Unknown Switches

I am new to this so please bare with me. I have IMC 7.0 standard. I have a new j9850a 5400Rzl2 switch that IMC sees as a "HP unknown switches". When I click on it all the info is there except the device model. Which is unknown. all the other stuff like sysoid, system description etc is all filled out. How do I get the Device model fixed. thanks.

3 REPLIES
SKBC
Occasional Contributor

Re: HP Unknown Switches

Not sure if this is the same issue i have had but i have had to ensure SNMP and SSH\Telnet is enabled on the device and configured correctly within IMC for this to work.

I have then also had to define a custom device model within the application for onces that it does genuinely not know about using the oid

RPapaux
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

IMC 7.0 is quite old and went to the market before the zl2 switches were released.

I would recommend to upgrade your IMC to get your switches fully recognized.

I know it is easier to say than to do, but this is the strategy of IMC lab to extend the support of new devices.

BR

Ray

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Upgrading is the better long-term thing to do, but you can add the Device Series/Model definitions to IMC to get it to display the right model. Same procedure as here https://lkhill.com/help-imc-doesnt-support-my-new-cisco-switch/ - go to the "Add the Device Series/Model" section