1752402 Members
6073 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

HP WSM + Cisco 5508 & LWAP

AY33

HP WSM + Cisco 5508 & LWAP

Hi, I've been trying to evaluate IMC with the added Wireless Services Manager module installed.  We have an existing Cisco 5508 Wireless LAN Controller with about 150 AP's in unified or FitAP mode.  I have added the 5508 to IMC without problem with the 5508 automatically falling into the Wireless category and I can see all of the connected AP's after the network asset audit.  However, in the Resource Management  section of the WLAN Manager in IMC the 5508 does not show up under the list of AC's.  The list is blank.  In fact, none of the FatAP's that I also have in the network are detected either.

Is there any trick to get the 5508 to show up in the list of valid AC's so that I can synchronize?

Thanks,

A

3 REPLIES 3
johnk3r
Respected Contributor

Re: HP WSM + Cisco 5508 & LWAP

Hello Friend!

In the WSM documentation that described the need to configure SNMP?  You ever reviewed the reading settings / write ?

John...

ATP FLEXNETWORK V3 | ACSA
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

@AY33 wrote:

In fact, none of the FatAP's that I also have in the network are detected either.

If they are Cisco FatAPs, I believe you can add them as regular monitored devices (same as a switch or router), but they won't show up under WSM. I think that IMC only supports Cisco APs that use a controller.

Michael_Breuer
Esteemed Contributor

Hello,

I had the same issue. We tried several settings, in the end an update to controller Version 8.0.1150 and WSM 7.1E0303P04 could fix the problem. 

Best Regards,

Michael Breuer

Ingentive Networks GmbH