Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP iMC v7.3 –can't edit vlan configuration of any interface

LD-CEB
Occasional Visitor

HP iMC v7.3 –can't edit vlan configuration of any interface

hello,

i can't edit the vlan of any interface of Cisco SG300-10 ports POE.

The option "modify VLAN" is missing in the interface management panel.

The device is recognized as Cisco Unknown product. So i added a device model with the oid number (1.3.6.1.4.1.9.6.1.83.10.2)

any idea?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
NeilR
Respected Contributor

Re: HP iMC v7.3 –can't edit vlan configuration of any interface

I assume you've validated the snmp configs.

Done this a couple of times a while back - hopefully I've recalled all the steps correctly. But this should get you close.

You need to add the mib for this model. Download that from cisco.

Under System > Resource Management> goto mib Management. The mib manager opens - under tools open the mib file. Then use the tools button in the middle to compile and then load it into the system

The mib file has the information about the switch's internals. Then pick select an SNMP device and locate your switch - this will read the switch and you can now walk down through the mib and find the correct OID for your model.

Next, under System > Device Definition > add the device series If not included, next the model using the OID you retrieved from the mib, and include it in the device series.

Go back to your device, synchronize again and refresh. Imc should show the correct model and this should now allow IMC to configure the switch.

If you want imc to back it up, restore, load firmware etc, you need to add or modify an exisitng adapter. there are other posts on this.

LD-CEB
Occasional Visitor

thank you for answer.

i downloaded the mibs files from cisco website ( mib files ).  there is around 150 differents files after archive extraction, which ones shoud i add to IMC? all? only a few ones? i don't really know.

thanks for your help.

NeilR
Respected Contributor

Yes - they don't make it so easy. Many vendors have just a few large mib files.

All the ones starting with cisco for sure. From the names, looks like each apply to specific switch functions. Your could ignore a bunch but then other IMC features might not work. They are just text files and they do have a desription at the top.

The RMON and SNMPv2 may already be in there - but might need to -  you'll need to rename the .my files to .mib or IMC won't recognize them.

Some mibs depend on others, since these are so granular, you'll probably get some messages if you try and load one that depends on another. If so load the  requested one first then proceed. 

I figured this with some trial and error. The Imc docs may have some further info.