1752650 Members
5673 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPE IMC 7.3 Standard edition (Free Trial) expired: can I use Enterprise Activation Key to activa

parnassus
Honored Contributor

HPE IMC 7.3 Standard edition (Free Trial) expired: can I use Enterprise Activation Key to activate?

As per discussion subject: we have an HPE IMC 7.3 E0605H05 Standard Free Trial that expired on August, 28th after 60 days...today we were finally capable of register our purchased Enterprise License and, doing so, we used the Serial Number generated by our Standard Free Trial install (SKU: JG747AAE and Serial Number: IMCM-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <- sanitized for privacy)...in the meantime we decided to go from Standard to Enterprise edition so we purchased the Enterprise Edition license...so now our test HPE IMC 7.3 VM would probably not fit the bill in terms of licensing to be applied...if we try to activate the actual Standard Edition install (with SKU and Serial Numbers written above) we obiouvsly receive this warning message:

"The license version (Enterprise Edition) does not match the installed system version (Standard Edition). Are you sure to proceed with license registration?"

What's the correct way to proceed at this point?

• re-install HPE IMC 7.3 from scratch using the Enterprise Edition download ISO now available (as we have the product licensed)...this would not be a problem, just a little bit longer -> will this change the Serial Number (the SKU will change)? if so we need to regenerate the unused Activation Key (that will be another problem probably).
  • proceed anyway? does this mean we are losing features of Enterprise Edition since we deployed/started with a Standard Edition (Free Trial)?

Is anybody able to help?

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
3 REPLIES 3
MstWntd
HPE Pro

Re: HPE IMC 7.3 Standard edition (Free Trial) expired: can I use Enterprise Activation Key to activa

Hi Parnassus, 

You may appy the Enterprise licenses on the Standard Trial version.

I would advise the following steps : 

01. Please visit My Networking Portal and register your iMC Enterprise product there. (Refer this document : https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=mmr_kc-0117119) 

02. Go with re-install HPE IMC 7.3 from scracth using the Enterprise Edition. There are few reasons for that, beginning with

- the installation package of the iMC Standard (JG747A) version may not be the same as the iMC Enterprise version (JG748A).

-When you say "ok" for that message you get there, you are applying an Enterprise License to an Standard installation (Which is still fine), however the iMC enterprise feature has to be installed on the standard installation here. The same is true in the reverse case.

-If the standard product is registered in the My Networking Portal, you can very well still transfer the licenses from the Old SN# to the New iMC Enterprise SN#, however you have to log a support case with the licensing team for the license transfer, I suppose. They would ask you for the registered E-Mail address, and they can transfer the licenses from the Existing iMC Std SN# to the new Enterprise one.

If these above steps alleviates your querry, please dont forget to give kudos!

Regards,

Gunz!
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Now that I re-checked all the details related to purchased SKU I see we now have an Aruba IMC Enterprise Edition SKU JH705AAE which, I think, is just the Aruba couterpart of the HPE IMC Enterprise Edition HPE SKU JG748AAE...in the end, that should not change anything since the proposed download ISO file for Enterprise Edition is exactly the same.

Thanks for your answer:

• I already registered the HPE IMC...indeed I was able to let HPE to generate an Activation Key since I provided (erroneously) the Standard Edition serial number...so I think this part must be redone as you suggested (asking about Activation Key regeneration by HPE Licensing Team once I have the Enterprise Edition installed with its own new Serial Number).
  • I suspect that I should re-install from scratch...probably uninstalling the actual Standard Edition and then installing ex-novo the HPE IMC 7.3 E0605 GA from ISO, activating this one...then upgrading first to E0605P04 then to E0605H05 (or the opposite)...I don't want to live with the doubt that an Enterprise Edition license/activation key was applied to a Standard Edition (Free Trial, expired).

Does it sound reasonable to you?

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
MstWntd
HPE Pro

Hi Parnassus, 

Yes, I would advise you to start it from the stratch here.

Gunz!
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo