1752565 Members
5749 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP IMC (Intelligent Management Center) 7.3 (E0605P06)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Shawn-Fread
Visitor

HPE IMC (Intelligent Management Center) 7.3 (E0605P06)

I have a custom rule that escalates syslogs about excessive broadcasts and sends us emails about those alarms. Now, we get emails for each instance but in IMC, under the alarm section, it only shows the latest entry per device / switch. It'll update to the most recent one and it keeps count. Is there a way to make it show every instance of a syslog or just the most recent per switch.

alarm notificationsalarm notificationsmajor alarmsmajor alarmssyslog to alarmsyslog to alarm

4 REPLIES 4
jguse
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello,

Please go to System > System Configuration > System Settings and try setting this to No:

clipboard_image_0.png

Configure Repeated Alarm Count: If you enable repeated alarm count, the repeated alarms are aggregated into one alarm. You can view the number of alarm repetitions in the Repeat Count column of the alarm list. The system determines syslog alarms as repeated only when both their Parameter List values and key parameters are exactly the same. The system determines other types of alarms as repeated when their key parameters are the same.

That should turn off the "alarm counting" that you have described.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
Shawn-Fread
Visitor

That took care of the issue. Thanks!

Shawn-Fread
Visitor

After doing that, I noticied that we now get an entry for each escalated alarm (since it no longer allows them to repeat / stack). Do I have to choose between this or one alarm per device, or is there a way that I can tweak it?

jguse
HPE Pro

Hello,

There's no way that I'm aware of to tune it per-device or something similar. However, you can always fine-tune your alarm settings to prevent getting excessive amounts of alarms in the first place, unless there are serious issues in the network.

Some examples...

• Make sure the fault-finder on ProCurve/ArubaOS is tuned properly and not overly sensitive.
  • Ensure that interface alarm filtering is configured correctly to ignore interfaces like access ports going down.
  • Set up trap filtering, which can be done on per-trap and per-device basis, so that you don't receive unnecessary alarms.
  • That includes a default Duplicate Trap Filter which can be tuned to filter/unfilter only specific traps.
  • Filtering can be applied to Syslogs as well with the syslog Filtering Rules.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo