Honored Contributor

Re: Help with IMC ..?

What do your inccfgbakdm logs say now?

Maybe screenshots of the alarm and the SNMP trap would be useful
MohammadH
Regular Advisor

Hi

the inccfgbakdm logs file and screenshots of the alarm is in the Attachments, about the screenshots SNMP trap which part you mean where i can get it ?

and thank you

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor
Solution

Here's the problem area in the logfiles:

2013-02-06 13:08:25.789 [INFO (0)] [THREAD(4432)] [CTelnetScriptProcessor::login()] Begin ...
2013-02-06 13:08:25.789 [INFO (0)] [THREAD(4432)] [CTclExecutor::exec_impl()] Begin to exec: spawn telnet 192.168.0.17
2013-02-06 13:08:25.791 [ERROR (1)] [THREAD(4432)] [CTclExecutor::exec_impl()] Failed to exec cmd: spawn telnet 192.168.0.17, error message: The request is not supported. 
2013-02-06 13:08:25.791 [ERROR (11)] [THREAD(4432)] [CTelnetScriptProcessor::login()] Fail to call oTclExecutor.exec().AdaptName=HPProcurve2500.DevIP =192.168.0.17.script = spawn telnet 192.168.0.17.
2013-02-06 13:08:25.797 [ERROR (6)] [THREAD(4432)] [CTelnetScriptProcessor::exec()] Fail to login. AdaptName = HPProcurve2500. DevIP = 192.168.0.17
2013-02-06 13:08:25.798 [INFO (0)] [THREAD(4432)] [ScriptTool::execScriptAction()] ResultNo: 6, CmdResp: The request is not supported. , ResultMap: 

2013-02-06 13:08:25.809 [INFO (0)] [THREAD(5452)] [imcscriptttol] log: =============================== End===============================
2013-02-06 13:08:25.809 [INFO (6)] [THREAD(5452)] [CScriptProcessor::exec()] Success to check result file. resp: The request is not supported., out_map: 
2013-02-06 13:08:25.809 [ERROR (6)] [THREAD(5452)] [CScriptProcessor::exec()] Failed to execute by cli method.
2013-02-06 13:08:25.810 [INFO (6)] [THREAD(5452)] [CScriptProcessor::exec()] Finished to execute, result:
ServiceName = ConfigBackup

See how the telnet command is returning "The request is not supported" ?

I might have put you wrong a bit. My memory is a bit hazy on this, but I think that what I've sometimes seen in the past is that IMC doesn't unpack telnet.exe into the right directory, if you don't have Telnet Client enabled on the server at install time.

BUT, now I think about it, I remember that you can't just use the default Windows version - I think IMC likes to have its own copy, which is a slightly earlier version. If you look at the file details for the Windows copy of Telnet, in C:\Windows\System32\telnet.exe, it's version 6.1.7600.16385.

But if you've got a version of telnet installed by IMC, it's version 5.1.2600.5829. If you've still got your original installation files for IMC, look in the windows/install/components/common/server/commonserver_win.zip file. In there, in server/bin/, you should find the IMC version of telnet.exe. If you don't have the original install files, I've made my copy of telnet.exe available via Dropbox: http://db.tt/HRrcubdr

Hopefully it's not a matter of missing DLLs too. 

As an experiment, can you try changing that version of telnet.exe in <imc>\server\bin, and then open a command window, cd to <IMC_DIR>\server\bin\, and run "telnet 192.168.0.17" ?

If we're still having problems with this, there are two other things you could do - either enable SNMP read-write on the switch, or use SSH. But we should definitely be able to get it working - I have it working for the same sort of device.

For the SNMP trap, can you go to Alarm -> Trap Management -> Browse Trap, find the trap, and get a screenshot of its details?

MohammadH
Regular Advisor

Hi

thank you for your help the TFTP work fine when I copy the telnet ,

and

about the SNMP trap screenshot it in the attachments.

and thank you again.

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Hey, that is good news - we've got something working!

For the trap, could you click on that trap description, and get those details? In particular, I'm interested in seeing what the trap OID is.

MohammadH
Regular Advisor

Hi

I upload the file in the attachments this is the alarm I don't want them.

and thank you

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

OK, there's a few things going on here. Let's deal with the separately.

Firstly, the UP/Down Alarms. Can you find the device in IMC, click on "Interface List", and scroll down to find a specific interface that you're interested in stopping Up/Down alarms for? Look at that interface in the list, and look at the right-hand column. Does it say "Disconnected Interface" ? It should do, if this is a port that a PC is plugged into. If it's another switch, or a server that IMC is managing, you will see different details listed here.

IMC has the ability to automatically filter interface Up/Down alarms for interfaces, depending on what's plugged into them.  It can automatically filter out alarms, or allow them through. This can be done globally, or you can over-ride it on a per-interface basis. Presumably you want to do this on a global basis, rather than having to go and edit every single interface. Go to System -> System Configuration -> System Settings. Scroll down to "Interface Up/Down Alarm", and change the settings for "Alarms for PC-connected links" and "Alarms for disconnected links" to "Filter", and click OK.

If you go into a specific interface, you can over-ride these settings. Go to a device, then Interface list, and drill into a specific interface. Then click on "Up/Down Alarm Filter" - you can set to this to "System Settings", "Filter" or "No Filter". This means you can have global policies, and you can over-ride on a per-port basis as required.

Secondly, the Performance Alert. Do you want to raise the threshold, or do you not want to monitor that value - on all ports, or just on this one?

If you go to Resource -> Performance Management -> Performance Option, then click on the "Monitor Option" tab, you'll see some settings for the defaults for which interfaces are polled when a device is discovered. You may wish to set this to only be "Interfaces Connected to SNMP Devices".

If you want to change the threshold for all devices, go to Global Index Settings,Interface Statistics, find the relevant metric, double click on it, and you'll get options for thresholds and values. Change as desired.

If you want to change the alarm threshold for a specific interface on a specific device, go to Monitoring Settings. Find the device you're interested in. Click on "Modify Index". Find the relevant monitor and instance. Uncheck "Global Index Settings". Set new values as required for that specific instance.

I'll have to do a little research into the STP trap. If you just want to filter the STP trap at the IMC level (rather than stop the switch generating the traps), then just use the "Filter Trap" option when viewing the trap's details. I'll see if I can work out why the switch is sending that in the first place.

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

I haven't been able to find any good Comware references for changing SNMP traps for STP. 

Your best option might be to filter the traps in IMC.

MohammadH
Regular Advisor

Hi

I raise the threshold so I think the problem will be solve,

and about the UP/Down Alarms it connect to PC and the I Filter it before but no working,

then I filter the (STP Instance on Forwarding State) like you told me then the Alarms stop for both interface UP/Down and the STP,

so it work fine thank you very mach for your help.

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Well, we got there in the end!

Thanks for taking the time to post back here with your results. Hopefully the next person with a similar problem can resolve it quicker.