1753845 Members
7496 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to filter Recovery alarms - Info level

systemview
Occasional Contributor

How to filter Recovery alarms - Info level

I have created email notification rules and have selected Critical, Major and Minor and Warning alarms

But when an alarm recovers, I am getting a recovery alarm and these messages are flooding my inbox

Is there a way to stop these recover alarms? I havent checked the info level alarm under any email rule but I am not sure why I am getting these recovery alarms which are info level

Example of an recovery alarm :

Alarm: Performance Multilevel Recover Alert Alarm Time: 2020-03-24 04:20:46 Alarm Level: Info Alarm Source: SEA-R1C03-CSW1(10.121.0.254) Alarm Details: The instance "[Interface:Bridge-Aggregation250]" of "performance task" "Interface Receiving Rate" is back to normal for threshold 2, current value is "63.347Mbps".

3 REPLIES 3
jguse
HPE Pro

Hello,

This is an iMC feature that is enabled by default as you likely want to know when an issue indicated by an alarm is resolved. If you don't, you can turn it off via System > System Configuration > System Settings, setting the option "Auto Forwarding Recovered Alarm" to No.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
systemview
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your help Justin

I would like to now if this will stop generating the recovered alarms? or will it just stop sending email alerts for those recovered alarms

The requirement is - I would still want the recovered alarms to be generated when the main alarm is recovered. But I do not want an email to be sent for these recovered alarms

jguse
HPE Pro

Hello,

This setting will work exactly as you would like it to. It will not stop iMC from generating recovery alarms or recovering the alarm status. It only prevents it from e-mailing you about the recovery alarms.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo