3994 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: IMC 5.1 - Change the Action "Telnet" program call

carstro
Occasional Advisor

IMC 5.1 - Change the Action "Telnet" program call

Hello,

is it possible to change the Action "telnet" so that I can use another Telnet Terminal Program like ZOC or so?

mfg

Carstro

3 REPLIES 3
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

The key point here is that when you click the Telnet link, it's just providing a URL like this: telnet://X.X.X.X to your browser. IMC doesn't tell the client which Telnet program to use - it's up to your browser to interpret this.

Different browsers have different ways of handling it. Internet Explorer makes it difficult to enable this, but it's do-able. Once enabled in IE, you can use the registry to change the program that gets called.

With Firefox, the first time it opens a telnet:// link, it will ask what program you want to use. You can set it to always use that program.

Note that this is different to the SSH link in iMC, which uses a Java applet to launch a program. That is configurable within iMC, as opposed to the browser.

But of course, you're using SSH everywhere, right? Right?

carstro
Occasional Advisor

Yes SSH. Only.

I search for a sutution to start my own Terminal Programm with other Parameters. And not Putty.

When I use the IMC SSH Button, I can change the path to my Terminal Programm, but it will not save the path. Next Time I use the SSH Button, it shown the path to Putty.. Can I change this behavior?

mfg

Carstro

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure why it's doing that - it saves it fine for me.

The SSH handler is very different to the Telnet one.