Go to solution
lionel-ditparis
Advisor

Re: IMC 5.1 (E0202) : adding vlan devices list empty

here it is, same problem

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

From a quick look, it's not the same problem. You're not seeing the same errors in your log files. It seems like it's missing some data in the logs as to what's actually going on - sometimes different processes update the file at different times, and the logs get out of sync (e.g. you can see this where the log entries go from 10:12:52.643 to 10:12:49.919).

Do you have any more updates to this log file?

And you said you tried different authentication methods - did you set it back to the original method?
lionel-ditparis
Advisor

no more updates for this log file.

yes i set it back to the original method and the test is KO.

when i say same problem, i mean that the backup don't work :)

lionel-ditparis
Advisor

when i do the test from the right panel "Action"  =>  "Telnet SSH /Proxy"  i have a new window who tries to connect in command line but stays waiting the "Ctrl-Y" command to have acces to the login et password screen.

maybe that's the problem...

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

The Ctrl+Y stuff can cause some problems. Part of the changes in those updated adapter files I posted on Github are related to trying to work around it. I cannot understand why a company continues to require something as daft as Ctrl+Y, but that's another story.

But your most recent logs didn't show any attempt to actually try and connect to the device. You could probably check that with Wireshark. This could be because there's some issue with the modified adapter files, or because something else is going on (e.g. those changes cause issues with the other files, and now IMC doesn't think there is any valid adapter.

My next step would probably be to remove/re-add the device from IMC, as it does sometimes seem to have issues with caching invalid adapter information.

I'm certain that this can be made to work - there is nothing fundamentally unusual about what you're trying to do. But I'm reaching the limits of what I can do via a message board, and really need access to the system. You should be engaging a consultant, and/or HP Support. ( I don't know whether support can help or not, as I don't know what the official support status of that Nortel device is).

lionel-ditparis
Advisor

hi, thanks for your help.

Remove/re-add device on IMC not concluding. the backup is not working.

i'm going to contact HP directly, thanks a lot again  :-)