4263 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: IMC 7.0 Basic MIB Management

scottdoorey
Occasional Advisor

IMC 7.0 Basic MIB Management

HI All,

I've just installed IMC 7.0 basic and found that there is no capability to import MIB's. Has anybody else noticed this or has this moved somewhere not so obvious?

The internal help files seem to suggest that you still can however the references they direct you to don't exist.

Scott

4 REPLIES 4
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

I don't know if you can do this with Basic or not, as I'm running Enterprise, but here's where you can do it for Enterprise.

1/ Trap definition: Go to Alarm -> Trap Management -> Trap Definition. Near the top of the page is an option "Import trap definition from MIB file". That lets you define new traps from a MIB file.

2/ System -> Resource Management -> MIB Management. From the pop-up, go to Tools -> Load MIB files to load new MIB files. This one is for use with the MIB browser, and to help with adding new customer monitoring settings.

Can you check those locations, and see if you have those options?

(NB In spite of what many people think, just loading MIB files does not magically add device support for new devices).
scottdoorey
Occasional Advisor

None of these menu options are present in IMC 7.0 basic.

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

I guess that must be a restriction of IMC Basic then.

Not entirely surprising, given the target market for Basic.

SLopez1

This option is not available if you haven't activate the IMC, so standard version doesn't show mib option until you activate the product. Hope this help