4955 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: IMC 7.0 Basic sFlow configuration

scottdoorey
Occasional Advisor

IMC 7.0 Basic sFlow configuration

HI All,

I have tried setting up the new sFlow configuration on IMC 7.0 Basic  with a couple of 3500 switches running the latest firmware but can't seem to get any data showing in IMC.

IMC is fully patched and the 3500's are running latest 15_12_0012 firmware.

IMC shows the sFlow configuration as being completed, the ports are polling and i can see the data being sent (ran wireshark on the IMC server).

HAs anybody been able to get this new feature working yet?

Here is my switch config:

sflow 1 destination 10.10.10.230
sflow 1 polling 1-24 20
sflow 1 sampling 1-24 50

The IMC server is reachable from the switch.

No firewalls are enabled.

3 REPLIES 3
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Hmm...you should be able to get it working. I have got sFlow working with IMC 7.0 Enterprise. Only real difference with Basic should be the length of time data is stored for. If you've validated that the switch is sending the data, then the problem must be in the IMC configuration somewhere. It's slightly out of date now, but I found this video helpful when first configuring NTA in IMC: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TG8fpbxRv8

PS There is a newish patch for IMC 7 out - released Dec 20 last year. Have you installed that? Shouldn't make any difference to this feature though.

scottdoorey
Occasional Advisor

agreed it should be working however all local HP resources and L2 / L3 support team can't get it working either so there is definitely an issue.

Yes i'm using the latest patch.
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

There's also a patch for NTA that you may need to apply (E0101P01). 

You mentioned checking with Wireshark, so we know the switch is generating traffic - is the server listening on that port?

If it was my system, I'd probably remove my NTA configuration, and go through it step by step, following the steps from that video. There's one or two parts that are non-obvious.

I'd also be looking at the various IMC log files.

I hate to say it, but initial support from HP isn't always that good with IMC, as they don't have a lot of experience with IMC. If you can get through to the higher-level IMC team, they do really know their stuff.