1753511 Members
5264 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: [IMC 7.0] +MySQL: "Database or database client is not installed on this computer"

MichaelM55
Trusted Contributor

[IMC 7.0] +MySQL: "Database or database client is not installed on this computer"

Hello,

so I want to setup IMC 7.0 standard

• on Windows server 2012
  • with MySQL 5.6 community edition installed and configured
  • path to bin directory of mysql 5.6 set

but install.bat always gives

Start checking installation environments...  
Checking ports occupied... Passed
Checking physical memory size... Passed
Checking database installation...
Database or database client is not installed on this computer. Checking prerequisites for embedded database...

When I "cmd" and exec mysql it works. But that installer simply doesn´t find anything. So, I´m actually doing something wrong... What i being checked by the installer? Can that script be edited?

7 REPLIES 7
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Re: [IMC 7.0] +MySQL: "Database or database client is not installed on this computer"

So you've got MySQL installed on the same server as IMC?

There should be some other logs created during installation - do you see any other error messages other than those given? Usually it will tell you the name of the log file to check.

MichaelM55
Trusted Contributor

Indeed, the MySQL is installed on the same server as IMC. There´s no other (error) message. Where are the log files of the setup process stored?

According to "HP IMC Centralized Deployment Guide with Local Database"

To check the IMC installation environments:
1. Copy the tool (envcheck.bat for Windows, envcheck.sh for Linux) from the tools folder to the install folder of the IMC installation package.

Well, there´s no "envcheck.bat" within the installation package...?

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

MichaelM55 wrote: 

Well, there´s no "envcheck.bat" within the installation package...?

The envcheck.zip file used to be in windows\tools - not sure what's happened to it now.

This is the contents of the file:

@echo off
set CURRENT_DIR=%~dp0
set JAVA_HOME=%CURRENT_DIR%common\jre_windows
if not "%INSTALL_LANG%" == "" goto LANG_SET
set INSTALL_LANG=en_US
:LANG_SET
set JAVA_OPTS=-Dinstaller.dir="%CURRENT_DIR%." -DsupportedLocales="%INSTALL_LANG%" -Dedition=PROFESSIONAL -Dcompany.flag=HP -D3CProductNumber=JF378A
set JAVA_CLASSPATH=%CURRENT_DIR%common\deploy.jar
set MAIN_CLASS=com.h3c.imc.deploy.EnvChecker

"%JAVA_HOME%\bin\javaw.exe" %JAVA_OPTS% -cp "%JAVA_CLASSPATH%" "%MAIN_CLASS%"

You could probably try running that from the windows\install directory, since deploy.jar is still there in windows\install\common\

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Oh and I'm not sure of the exact location of the logs - but look for recently modified files in C:\Program Files\IMC
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Your reply is empty. Did something go wrong with posting?

MichaelM55
Trusted Contributor

Strange...

Back to topic. Is it possible to change the database after installation? So changing from Microsoft SQL Express to MySQL?

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

You might be able to do it using restore + backup, but I haven't seen any 'officially' documented methods of doing so.

It's not something I would want to plan on doing. 

If you're trashing all your performance data anyway, why not just rebuild the entire system, rather than planning on moving the database?