1753788 Members
7543 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: IMC 7.1 E0303 - Reporting on Transceiver information and MIBs/OIDs

tseeney
Occasional Advisor

IMC 7.1 E0303 - Reporting on Transceiver information and MIBs/OIDs

Hoping to get some feedback on this issue.  I need to do some reporting based on OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.2011.10.2.70.1.1.1 for 5800 and 3600 switches in IMC.

I have to admit I've struggled with OID's and MIBs in IMC.  Using the MIB Management tool, I've drilled down to OID .3.6.1.4.1.2011.10.2.70.1.1.1 using the browser and Properties window.  I've selected a device, and SNMP is working properly.  When I attempt to "Walk" through the MIB, and retrieve information, it simply returns:

***** SNMP WALK REQUEST STARTED *****
***** SNMP WALK REQUEST FINISHED *****

No Information at all.  Maybe I should be trying to do this in a report (that's a whole other kettle of fish) but what I am trying to accomplish is a device-by-device data pull of transceiver serial numbers, model, power usage etc.

Has anyone accomplished this before and if so, any asisstance they could offer in pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

I've attached what I see when I drill down into the OID and the MIBs

1 REPLY 1
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Re: IMC 7.1 E0303 - Reporting on Transceiver information and MIBs/OIDs

If you're not getting anything in response to that SNMP walk, it means that the switch isn't returning anything - it's not an IMC issue per se. 

You might want to try going back up the MIB tree a couple of levels, and run a walk from there. Does that return anything?