4732 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: IMC 7.2 - PowerShell and WMI?

RogerKaram
Occasional Advisor

IMC 7.2 - PowerShell and WMI?

Hi guys,

I am trying to monitor some HyperV servers that are at another site, connected through VPN and doing NAT. I have been unable to add either WMI or PowerShell to monitor these from IMC, although I can access it remotely from the server where IMC is installed using powershell remote (Enter-PSSEssion) and WMI testing application. Powershell is configured for SSL with the appropriate certificate on both client and server.

The funny thing is that I am running wireshark from the server and whenever I tell IMC to test either WMI or Powershell, I see nothing going out. This is a single port server. It seems that both of these functions are "off" even when I try them out.

There is no firewall running or antivirus (lab environment).

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

RK

3 REPLIES 3
RogerKaram
Occasional Advisor

On a side note, added APM module and WMI is working through there. Just not in the regular resource module (where it is needed for hyperv).

gary9193
Occasional Contributor

Did you ever have any luck with this?

I am trying to monitor CSV with iMC 

RPapaux
Valued Contributor

Jumping into this threat to give you my 2 cents;
I have been fighting a lot with this, long time ago. Note that I was using the WMI monitoring, not the PowerShell or SCVMM.
The major issue I had was my WMI object store corrupted (or incomplete) on the HyperV host. I have fixed this (by chance...) while doing a Windows upgrade.
So my lesson learnt was:
- Once you have installed the IMC VRM agent on the HyperV server, verify that the service user is able to read/view the entire WMI object store.
- do not forget to change the IMC host IP in the config file.
- on the IMC WMI configuration specify the same username and pwd than the VRM agent service user (to ensure that you have the same remote capabilites).
- the WMI Test function provided by IMC must work perfectly (it verifies the access and credentials).
- then click "synchronize" to trigger the discovery. The HyperV host and VM's should appear in the VRM tab. Note this is a HyperV view only.
- troubleshooting: verify that the IMC VRM agent logfile shows some information gathering (if none, the agent does not work).
- side note: the integration procedure mentions that we must install the LLDP agent provided in the IMC tool kit. I could never figure out what it is used for, as it provides very limited capability and the IMC VRM function works equally wether it is ON or OFF :|
That's All Folks
Ray