1748150 Members
3441 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

IMC 7.2 patch 04 released

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

IMC 7.2 patch 04 released

IMC 7.2 E0403P04 has been released. Patch download here: https://h10145.www1.hpe.com/Downloads/SoftwareReleases.aspx?ProductNumber=JG747AAE&lang=en&cc=us&prodSeriesId=4176535

Lots of small improvements, and bugfixes, including this one:

1. Licenses for the iMC platform do not include the VXLAN license.

So looks like VXLAN functionality moves into base licensing.

Hope you get what you wanted!

8 REPLIES 8
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Re: IMC 7.2 patch 04 released

One small thing - on the download page they state this:

NOTE: IMC does not support adding two cloud views that point to each other's parent custom view. IMC should not be upgraded to version iMC PLAT 7.2 (E0403P04) in this environment.

Not sure how many people will be affected by that, but I guess you've been warned...

JasonL1
Frequent Advisor

I downloaded it this morning, it is said to fix the missing config template pages.

tazdu77
Advisor

hi just tried to install but had an error message.

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

It might be helpful to tell us what that error message was...

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

@LindsayHill wrote:

One small thing - on the download page they state this:

NOTE: IMC does not support adding two cloud views that point to each other's parent custom view. IMC should not be upgraded to version iMC PLAT 7.2 (E0403P04) in this environment.

Not sure how many people will be affected by that, but I guess you've been warned...

I am affected. I saw your post and attempted to simply my cloud links between views but not enough. The symptom is that the custom views won't load in the topology views and kick back with the "try again" error page on the resource tab.

My "simplified" view is attached. I did have a more complex view relationship. This one has one top view with mutliple "clouds' linking to lower views. 3 lower views have bi-directional links, that is you can navigate up and back down. The other 3 have one way links. It may be that any cloud/link may create an issue. Or it may be the bidirectional ones. Or... more testing on this to come.

Also have a case open on 802.1x auth issue. It may be related to having both MAC and 802 on the same port, and imc getting confused on which ID to use. More after i review with hpe.

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

HP techs told me the problem was relate to using the cloud icon to link views, so I deleted all the cloud icons from my 7.1 system, built a new 7.1 and restored the DB before upgrade to 7.2. That resolved all the issues with the topolgy related pages. Cloud links can NOT be added back in after the upgrade. 

Sounded like a fix was coming later, but the problem affects more than just map views - it will prevent other pages from loading related to those on the resource tab.

UPDATE: The issue is related to the current 7.2 version, not the process of upgrade of the 7.1 version. So adding back in the offending links caused the topo's to become inaccessible. Links that are bi-directional between two custom views are not currently supported until a future fix.

Olivier_E
Occasional Contributor

Hi everybody,

Jason, I've the same probleme, on 7.2 version I can't open the configuration template page. It was an error page like this :

1)   Go back to  Home  to try again. 2)   Collect logs and contact technical support for help. To obtain compressed logs, log in to the iMC server, execute file deploy\logfiles.bat (for Windows) or deploy/logfiles.sh (for Linux) in the installation path, and go to the tmp folder in the installation path.

and full of lines that start with :

java.lang.RuntimeException: org.springframework.dao.InvalidDataAccessResourceUsageException: could not initialize a collection: [com.h3c.imc.icc.conffile.entity.ConfFile.groupTemplate#71]; SQL [select grouptempl0_.cfgfile_id as cfgfile4_731_1_, grouptempl0_.id as id1_, grouptempl0_.id as id733_0_, grouptempl0_.bz as bz733_0_, grouptempl0_.cfgfile_id as cfgfile4_733_0_, grouptempl0_.group_id as group3_733_0_ from tbl_opergroup_cfgfile grouptempl0_ where grouptempl0_.cfgfile_id=?]; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: could not initialize a collection: [com.h3c.imc.icc.conffile.entity.ConfFile.groupTemplate#71]
    at com.h3c.imc.component.beanmethod.BeanMethod.encodeEnd(BeanMethod.java:79)
    at org.primefaces.renderkit.CoreRenderer.renderChild(CoreRenderer.java:63)
    at org.primefaces.renderkit.CoreRenderer.renderChildren(CoreRenderer.java:47)
    at org.primefaces.component.outputpanel.OutputPanelRenderer.encodeMarkup(OutputPanelRenderer.java:61)
    at org.primefaces.component.outputpanel.OutputPanelRenderer.encodeEnd(OutputPanelRenderer.java:37)
    at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeEnd(UIComponentBase.java:665)
    at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeAll(UIComponentBase.java:545)..................................................

The Patch has not solved this problem and I'm blocked, it's really annoying......
tazdu77
Advisor

i received the message "Upgrade JVM failed..." during the upgrade process, i deleted
the folder in the \Common\jre    directory of the IMC installation path and continue to
upgrade but the installation doesn't finish. 

RESOLVED: first time i deleted the folders present in \Common\jre  but you have to delete the "jre"  folder.