1752808 Members
6135 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

IMC 7.2 released

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Re: IMC 7.2 released

UAM 7.2 E0403 available for download now: https://h10145.www1.hpe.com/Downloads/SoftwareReleases.aspx?ProductNumber=JG752AAE&lang=en&cc=us&prodSeriesId=4176535

They were originally planning on releasing E0402. There's a couple of fixes & a new config option in E0403. Presumably those were related to the delay.

Howiedoit
Frequent Advisor

I have just updated to v7.2 E0403. Or at least I TRIED. 

Instruction need to be re-written because they are useless. 

1) backup IMC ion Environment (ok)

2) Manually copy the IMC Install Dir to a backup (No, you cannot do this it fails. STOP the IMC first and try again maybe. NOPE again FAILS becasue SQL is still holding onto files. FAIL FAIL FAIL.)

Seriously, IF you cannot provide proper upgrade instructions for your own product.......Geesh.

I could NOT manully backup the directory as per instructions.

Do I shut down SQLSERVER, SQL Agent etc?? 

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

@Howiedoit wrote:

I have just updated to v7.2 E0403. Or at least I TRIED. 

Instruction need to be re-written because they are useless. 

1) backup IMC ion Environment (ok)

2) Manually copy the IMC Install Dir to a backup (No, you cannot do this it fails. STOP the IMC first and try again maybe. NOPE again FAILS becasue SQL is still holding onto files. FAIL FAIL FAIL.)

Seriously, IF you cannot provide proper upgrade instructions for your own product.......Geesh.

I could NOT manully backup the directory as per instructions.

Do I shut down SQLSERVER, SQL Agent etc?? 

Which directory are you trying to take a backup of? I would not expect SQL to hold IMC application files open. I would only expect SQL to hold SQL-related files open.

Step 3 is to stop IMC. If you are having problems with files locked, you could do that step before copying directories. 

You should not shut down SQL - it will need to be running when the install + upgrade takes place.