1753804 Members
7544 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

IMC 7.3 Auto Backup job drops all network elements and backup history indicates failed job outcome

BrianSeppanen
Occasional Contributor

IMC 7.3 Auto Backup job drops all network elements and backup history indicates failed job outcome

I finally got all of the network devices managed in IMC to successfully back up both running and startup.   For some strange reason though, on two non-consecutive mornings (5/9 & 5/11) the auto backup job returns a failed status and when I look at the job log, it has no associated network elements that it is trying to back up.    If I re-run the failed backup job it successfully backs up 0 devices.   Now the night before (5/10) all of the network elements backed up successfully, and the night before that none of the network devices were in the failed status for the backup job.   

If at any time I inspect the auto back up job, all of the network devices that should be backed up are defined within that job.

2 REPLIES 2
ibias
Regular Advisor

Re: IMC 7.3 Auto Backup job drops all network elements and backup history indicates failed job outco

please have a look in the imcforeground.log file. You find it in the directory: C:\Program Files\iMC\client\log

here you find more information about the possible reason for your problem.

MateusBuogo
Advisor

Re: IMC 7.3 Auto Backup job drops all network elements and backup history indicates failed job outco

Hello Version 7.3 is experiencing some strange problems. Some colleagues uninstalled version 7.3 and installed 7.2. Sorry to be unable to help with this. Regards
Mateus Buogo