7060 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: IMC 7.3 E0605H05 - New SHA256 SSL-Certificate not working with any browser

hungryduck
Occasional Contributor

IMC 7.3 E0605H05 - New SHA256 SSL-Certificate not working with any browser

Hi Folks,

last week our ssl-certifticate from HP IMC (IMC 7.3 E0605H05  on GNU/Linux CentOS 7.5) was expired, so I've created and signed officially (German Telekom) a new certificate.

In the last years, I've handled this procedure, too, without any problems.
The steps I've done, were the following:

Generate private key:

# openssl genrsa -des3 -out imc-key.pem 2048

Generate a CSR:

# openssl req -batch -sha256 -new -key imc-key.pem -out imc-request.pem\
-subj '/C=DE/ST=My State/L=My City/O=My Organization/OU=My Unit/CN=host.domain.tld'

Bring the certificate to a compatible format for IMC/Java;

# openssl pkcs12 -inkey imc-key.pem -in cert-imc.pem -export -out imc-pfx.pfx 

Import the certificate to IMC "newks" Java-Keystore:

# /opt/iMC/common/jre/bin/keytool -importkeystore -srckeystore discovery-pfx.pfx\
  -destkeystore newks -srcstoretype pkcs12 -deststoretype JKS -storepass IMCV500R001 -v

Set alias to "imc":

# /opt/iMC/common/jre/bin/keytool -changealias -alias 1 -destalias imc -keystore newks -storepass iMCV500R001

All the steps are working and without any errors, finally, I've copied the news to /opt/iMC/client/security/newks.
Restarted the services and even the server, but when I try to connect to IMC, the browser says:

"Waiting for TLS-Handshake..." until timeout.

Doesn't matter, which browser I use.

Even edited the /opt/iMC/client/server.xml and followed the steps like mentioned here:
https://community.hpe.com/t5/IMC/Login-page-SSL-error-after-upgrade-to-iMC-PLAT-v7-3-E0605/td-p/7006967

I tried to import the whole certificate chain, only the server cert.
The cipher of the certificate is: SHA256 with AES
The SSL-section of the server-xml looks like this:

<!-- HTTPS Connector -->
                <Connector SSLEnabled="true" URIEncoding="UTF-8" acceptCount="100" ciphers="TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256,TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA,TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384,TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA256,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA" clientAuth="false" compressableMimeType="text/html,text/xml,text/xhtml,text/css,text/javascript,text/plain" compression="on" compressionMinSize="2048" connectionTimeout="60000" disableUploadTimeout="true" enableLookups="false" keystoreFile="security/newks" keystorePass="iMCV500R001" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192" maxPostSize="5242880" maxSpareThreads="75" maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" noCompressionUserAgents="gozilla, traviata" port="8443" protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol" scheme="https" secure="true" sslProtocol="TLS"/>

Do you have an further ideas?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,
Matthias

3 REPLIES 3
drk787
HPE Pro

Hi Matthias,

We may have to look into the IMC logs to know the reason for failure, can you share the IMC logs, or log a support case.

Thank You!
I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

hungryduck
Occasional Contributor

Hi @drk787,

thank you very much for your reply.
Which Logs do you need exactly?

In the /opt/iMC/client/log/ are plenty log files.
I tried to get the Tomcat Logs (I think iMC uses Apache Tomcat for Java?) to see a certificate/handshake error, but I cant't find them.

Yesterday we've updated successfully to iMC 7.3 E05P06, but the SSL certificate problem still exists.

Best regards,
Matthias

P.S.: At the moment we use a self-signed certifiate, this works:

# /opt/iMC/common/jre/bin/keytool -genkey -v -alias raikey -keystore newks -storepass iMCV500R001 -keypass iMCV500R001 -validity 365 -keysize 2048 -sigalg SHA256withRSA -keyalg RSA -dname "CN=host.domain.tld, OU=R&D, O=Organization, L=City, S=State, C=DE"

spgsitsupport
Regular Advisor

Anybody got it working?

Seb