5167 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: IMC 7 Netflow 9

Durken
Advisor

IMC 7 Netflow 9

Hi

I have installed IMC 5.2 and need to use TA on netflow 9. Now upgraded to 7. Will IMC 7 support Netflow 9 on teh TA module?

On IMC 5.2 we had to change the config to netflow 5.

4 REPLIES 4
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

In the v7.0 Admin Guide (7.0 HP Intelligent Management Center Network Traffic Analyzer Software Administrator Guide), it states this:

"NTA supports most standard IP network flow monitoring protocols including NetStream v5/v9, NetFlow v5/v9, and sFlow v5, and NTA supports HP/H3C proprietary probe traffic logs. " (page 15).

All my instances are using sFlow, so I can't verify this in production unfortunately.

Durken
Advisor

Hi

Thanx for reply. I will check the guide. I have IMC running with Netflow 5 from Riverbed sending to collector IMC server. The V5 netflow only give ingress traffice results and if I change it to version 9 we get no results.

dmacesic
Occasional Advisor

We have the same issue with Riverbed. Third-party netflow collectors such as the one from Paessler collect v9 from the Riverbeds fine, but IMC doesn't seem to understand the template.

Have you resolved your issue and how?
Durken
Advisor

Hi

We have updated IMC to the latest but net tested the Netflow 9 collector. I will update as soon as e have tested again.