6178 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

IMC 7 with SQL Server 2014

bassmandan
Occasional Contributor

IMC 7 with SQL Server 2014

Hi,

I am trying to install IMC with a remote SQL 2014 database and getting the following error during install:

'Database or database client is not installed on this computer'

I have tried installing directly onto the SQL server - which also fails - so it's not just a communication issue between servers.

Has anyone successfully installed with SQL 2014? I am assuming that a SQL database is a SQL database, regardless of the version, but I've never really used it so don't know. Any pointers in the right direction would be helpful.

Thanks
Dan

4 REPLIES 4
parvathaneniS
Occasional Visitor

Re: IMC 7 with SQL Server 2014

@bassmandan wrote:

Hi,

I am trying to install IMC with a remote SQL 2014 database and getting the following error during install:

'Database or database client is not installed on this computer'

I have tried installing directly onto the SQL server - which also fails - so it's not just a communication issue between servers.

Has anyone successfully installed with SQL 2014? I am assuming that a SQL database is a SQL database, regardless of the version, but I've never really used it so don't know. Any pointers in the right direction would be helpful.

Thanks
Dan

Did you install SQL client software in local server (where you're installing IMC)

bassmandan
Occasional Contributor

I've actually managed to get a step further with this, it turns out the IMC doesn't recognise the SQL 2014 client, but it does the SQL 2012 client, so now I am prompted for remote SQL details, just having a communication issue now.

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

IMC 7.1 has just been released, and it includes SQL Server 2014 support.
C0LDWiR3D
Frequent Advisor

Alway check the release notes for supported platforms, etc.

There are installation / deployment guides for several setup.

In the deployment guides for remote database you can see how to setup the native client with proper features.

As pointed out SQL 2014 is supported from IMC 7.1, IMC 7.0 supports up to MS SQL 2012.