1752819 Members
4220 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: IMC Alarms "The status of The PSE Port(6.134)"

rkjohn
Occasional Visitor

IMC Alarms "The status of The PSE Port(6.134)"

Can anyone tell me what port (6.134) is? I cant figure out the IMC Port Naming Convention

4 REPLIES 4
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Where did that alarm come from? A syslog message? What sort of device?

The alarm might be coming from the device itself. 

rkjohn
Occasional Visitor

Its coming from HP Intelligent Management Center - message it regarding a HP 5412 ZL Switch. It is saying that the POE of the port is in a fault status. I cannot figure out which port it is talking about.-----"The status of The PSE Port(6.134)"

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

The message is a trap from the 5412zl - which appears to be what you are using for PoE ports, correct?

All my PoE switches are procurve 2910 series, so when I see those errors, I know that the Port(X.Y) value indicates that Y is the port number. I also have a 5412 switch but its not PoE capable, its a core switch running 10gb modules mostly

I think X. represents a module or sub-system, which for a 2910 is just 1 - looking at the snmp POE entries for a 24 port switch I see 1.1 through 1.24

The interface index number also corresponds to y but goes beyond  the physical ports for vlans and loopbacks so it covers all the device's interfaces.

The 5412 is a multi-slot device - looking at the iftable with snmp I see the interface index starts at SlotA port 1 and continues on through all the slots.

So if your 5412zl has all 24 port modules then  134 would be the 6th (F ) module, port 14 (5 full modules 24 ports = 120). If you have a different mix of modules and ports, count up and divide accordingly.

It would appear that the 6 in (6.134) seems to be the slot, if you have all 24 port cards (in the first 6 slots at least).

BTownsend
Occasional Advisor

My Guess Would be module F Port 14 if its a Module based switch.