1752579 Members
4173 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

IMC Alarms "The status of The PSE Port(6.134)"

rkjohn
Occasional Visitor

IMC Alarms "The status of The PSE Port(6.134)"

Can anyone tell me what port (6.134) is? I cant figure out the IMC Port Naming Convention

4 REPLIES 4
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Re: IMC Alarms "The status of The PSE Port(6.134)"

Where did that alarm come from? A syslog message? What sort of device?

The alarm might be coming from the device itself. 

rkjohn
Occasional Visitor

Its coming from HP Intelligent Management Center - message it regarding a HP 5412 ZL Switch. It is saying that the POE of the port is in a fault status. I cannot figure out which port it is talking about.-----"The status of The PSE Port(6.134)"

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

The message is a trap from the 5412zl - which appears to be what you are using for PoE ports, correct?

All my PoE switches are procurve 2910 series, so when I see those errors, I know that the Port(X.Y) value indicates that Y is the port number. I also have a 5412 switch but its not PoE capable, its a core switch running 10gb modules mostly

I think X. represents a module or sub-system, which for a 2910 is just 1 - looking at the snmp POE entries for a 24 port switch I see 1.1 through 1.24

The interface index number also corresponds to y but goes beyond  the physical ports for vlans and loopbacks so it covers all the device's interfaces.

The 5412 is a multi-slot device - looking at the iftable with snmp I see the interface index starts at SlotA port 1 and continues on through all the slots.

So if your 5412zl has all 24 port modules then  134 would be the 6th (F ) module, port 14 (5 full modules 24 ports = 120). If you have a different mix of modules and ports, count up and divide accordingly.

It would appear that the 6 in (6.134) seems to be the slot, if you have all 24 port cards (in the first 6 slots at least).

BTownsend
Occasional Advisor

My Guess Would be module F Port 14 if its a Module based switch.