1748204 Members
3563 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: IMC BIMS

timaz
Advisor

IMC BIMS

we want to use the IMC BIMS for remote management of the devices behind NAT. how can I configure ACS username and password on CPE devices that I want to reach them. the CPE devices are HP 2910 AL series switches. I read the switch docs and IMC BIMS docs but there is no such thing. have you ever deployed this?
can we remotely manage other switches than those are listed in the "CPE Model" list on the BIMS > Add CPE page? e.g. other HP and non-HP devices, like Cisco, juniper, etc.

2 REPLIES 2
timaz
Advisor

isn't there anyone who have used IMC BIMS yet?!!! it is very interesting!!

timaz
Advisor

Hi; Since there is no one here who implements BIMS before, I would like to share some information about this module. this module uses TR-069 protocol that is an standard protocol, but might not be support on every devices. As of today, this module ONLY supports just some HP/H3C devices which their models are listed on the Add CPE page. that is, you cannot manage remotely any devices other that listed on the mentioned page (e.g. Cisco, Juniper, and other HP devices that are not listed there). for reference, you can refer to your device configuration guide (supposing you have a device that is compatible with the published list), in which remote management using TR-060 is listed usually under Remote Management Deployment using TR-069 protocol. hope this helps someone else.