1753448 Members
4927 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

IMC Email notifications

bassmandan
Occasional Contributor

IMC Email notifications

I have a new install of IMC v7 and am struggling to configure email alerts. I've never had this problem with IMC v5.

Mail settings are configured correctly, the 'test mailbox' button sends a test email which is received ok.

In Alarm Notifications, I have a mail notification configured which emails me any alarm other than info, for all devices and all alarms.

When I pull a switch link so IMC has a critical alarm, I get no email.

Is this a problem with v7? Or have I missed some configuration somewhere? Like I said, I've never had this problem before!

Any help greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
C0LDWiR3D
Frequent Advisor

Re: IMC Email notifications

I remember so odd stuff about email with v5, but I have to dig a bit to find the details.

Is this a clean install or an upgrade from v5 ?

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

I just ran some tests on my v7 lab system, and it's generating email alerts just fine.

Couple of things you could maybe do:
* Can you show us a screenshot of your email alert rule?
* Use Wireshark on your IMC server, to see if any outbound email is generated. Just in case your email is being rejected by your mail relay.
* Check your spam folders. Some of my other monitoring systems sometimes trigger spam rules.
PytliviUm
Occasional Visitor

Bassmandan, have you solved your problem?I have the same one

C0LDWiR3D
Frequent Advisor

Hi.

Keep in mind that the SMTP server might restrictive, depending on how you set the emailing.

F.ex. if it is relaying there might be restrictions, also the SMTP server could be restricted to who it accepts emails from.

Personally I have not had any issues with emailing with any of the version 7, not in upgraded installs or fresh ones.

BrianC1
Occasional Contributor

I am having this issue as well. Although, I get some emails but not all.

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

@BrianC1 wrote:

I am having this issue as well. Although, I get some emails but not all.

Are the alarms being generated, but not triggering email? What sort of rules do you have configured to generate email?

Or are the alarms not generated?

BrianC1
Occasional Contributor

I set up a test switch. I see the alarms being generated in iMC, but I do not receive the email notification. The rule for generating the email is all levels (Critical,Major, etc.), selected device X.X.X.X, concerned alarms - all, 0000 - 2400

Only the default filters are enable and all of the trap-alarms are enabled.

When i first set the test switch up, I received a notification when I disconnected it. Now I do not and haven't changed anything.