5382 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: IMC Installation

ThomasMK
Frequent Visitor

IMC Installation

hi

i am installing the IMC v7.3 on a windows server 2012 r2 machine, however i am getting a database connectivity 

problem although i am the local administrator on the server. below is the error:

any solutions?

Checking ports occupied...
Passed

Checking physical memory size...
Passed

Checking database installation...
Passed

Checking database connectivity...
Not Passed

3 REPLIES 3
NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

First question is what DB, mySQL or MS-SQL. I'd guess ms-sql. Also whether clean install or upgrade.

The configuration check is not using your credentials - its whatever the installation scripts use to configure the DB during setup.

I beleive there is a log somewhere that will provide more clues, and if indeed its MS-SQL I recall there was some connectivity issue requiring a workaround. It may be covered in the deplyment guides for your DB. Also search this forum. 

I'm using MySQL so I did not have that specific issue.

ibias
Regular Advisor

Hi,

if you use MS SQL, than please read the release notes for imc and follow the Warning message:

"WARNING: Database connection failures might occur during the installation, upgrade, or running of IMC if the Windows operating system on the database server or the domain server to which the database server belongs is updated with any one of the following Microsoft updates:  

KB3172605

яВ╖ KB3172614

яВ╖ KB3161608

яВ╖ KB3161606

яВ╖ KB3156418

The IMC installation checks were possible for the presence of these Microsoft updates and will warn you to follow the instructions for fixing the issue prior to installing or upgrading your IMC. (The instructions can also be found in the tools\MSKBsC directory in the MSKBsC.zip file or on Web:

http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c05366209

). Please follow the instructions carefully. Failure to do so may result in DB errors during and after the installation or upgrade of your IMC."

RfDjalma
Occasional Visitor

I have the same problem.

the MSKBsC gave me a '"check Pass" so is not the cipher problem.

Just to make sure, other clients machine are able to connect to my sql server using the default instance and sa as user account.

My envirorment fresh VM win 2012 server + IMC 7.3 SD + MSQL 2014 - trial.

I follow both documentations:

HPE Intelligent Management Center SQL Server 2014 Installation and Configuration Guide

HP IMC Centralized Deployment Guide with Local Database

Start checking installation environments...

By envheck results:
Checking ports occupied...
Passed

Checking physical memory size...
Passed

Checking database installation...
Passed

Checking database connectivity...
Not Passed