1752372 Members
6364 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion

IMC MAC conflict alarm

newnetadmin
Occasional Contributor

IMC MAC conflict alarm

For the last 2 weeks we have been getting an IMC alarm for a MAC conflict on our core switch, connecting to a bridge-aggregate port which is our edge switch. The message is "When polling the device [core switch],iMC discover that the MAC address [MAC address A]connecting to [edge switch interface] conflicts with the MAC address [7 MAC addresses] binding to [edge switch interface]".  The MAC address connecting to Interface conflicts with the MAC address binding to Interface,possible causes:1.Another device accesses the network with this interface."

It suggests disconnecting the device with the illegal MAC address. 

The troubleshooting steps I have taken are as follows, but the message returns on the same interface and MAC address and is conflicting with the same 7 MAC addresses. 

• Rebooted PC with MAC address that is supposedly in conflict
  • Rebooted edge switch
  • Cleared ARP table in edge switch and core switch   

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?  

4 REPLIES 4
network_king
HPE Pro

Re: IMC MAC conflict alarm

Hello,

Have you seen any logs confliting in device (switch) log buffer..? because of which imc throwing you error (or) there is no error but still imc is showing you conflict..? can you brief with screenshots/some logs to understand. 

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

newnetadmin
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for your response network_king. I have not been able to find anything in the logs on the switches to indicate conflict.

Could you advise of a specific command(s) I should run?

rmedeiros
Occasional Advisor

I have the same problem, but a slight different, because the mac mac addresses are different.

When polling the device x.x.x.x ,iMC discover that the online MAC address [mac 1] conflicts with the MAC address [mac 2] binded to the IP address x.x.x.x.

rmedeiros
Occasional Advisor

I found a solution. 

On iMC look at  Resource > Terminal Access > Access Configuration > IP/MAC Binding and add multiple binding MAC-IP if the device has multiple IP addresses.

Cheers.