1753386 Members
5734 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: IMC Operator Privilege - disable modification of login type and SSH templates

Lewis1
Advisor

IMC Operator Privilege - disable modification of login type and SSH templates

Hello,

I am currently planning to delegate some operations to our IT support staff and I have some questions about privileges in IMC. Ideally, I would like to give the ability to change the vlan config of switchs ports without messing with the imc configuration related to these switchs (login type, SNMP templates, SSH templates, etc...).

I created an operator group with the operator privilege. With this group, everything is OK I can change the port configuration, but I have also access to the login type parameter in IMC and access to the different templates (SSH, SNMP, Telnet)

Is there a way to hide or disable these settings with IMC ? I searched in the admin guide and did not found any hints...

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

4 REPLIES 4
mschrein2
Frequent Advisor

Re: IMC Operator Privilege - disable modification of login type and SSH templates

Hello Lewis,

you can do the following:

go to System => Operator Management=> Operator Group

here you can create a group, where you can assign, which Privieleges, should this group have:

after this, create an operator and assign this new group to him

Lewis1
Advisor

Thank you for your reply.

My first message was not clear but I did create an operator group with specific privileges . Even if I uncheck "SSH Template" in "IMC Platform - Ressource Management" -> "Ressource Management" privileges, I still have access to this parameter in the device view with my new user associated to this operator group.

This could be another privilege that I did not see, I already tried several over things but this don't seems to be managed by this menu.

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

Which version/patch IMC? some earlier versions may not have fully respected operator group privleges.

Current is 7.3 E506P07 - that may be worth a try if you can manage the update. the release notes may have some information on this.

Lewis1
Advisor

Unfortunately I am up-to-date, using the E0506P07 version...

I was thinking about a misconfiguration I made, but your reply makes me think that perhaps it is a bug and this privilege is not working as expected...