5601 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: IMC POE Alarms

harendra
Occasional Advisor

IMC POE Alarms

Hi

I installed imc 7.1 all the devices snmp also configured properly. but POE failure alarms not receiving.

recently i have one switch with PSE failure, but its not showing on IMC. please advice.

thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Pack3tL0ss
Valued Contributor

Device failures - PSE failure, PoE alarms, etc come into IMC as traps from the device.  The first thing to check is that IMC is configured as a trap reciever for that device.  It's possible to have IMC configured to succesfully Poll a device, but not have IMC as a trap reciever - in that case only NMS generated polling alarms would be generated and you'd miss a lot of the device failure indications that are sent from the device. 

You can see the traps that have been recieved for a device under Alarms-->Trap Management-->Browse Traps.  Or in the middle of the device details page under "Recent 10 unrecovered alarms".

Hope it helps

PL

harendra
Occasional Advisor

Hi 

Thanks for the answer, i have checked the switches and snmp trap host is there.

i ama receiving poe delivery notice, but not the poe failure.

when i looking at the cli on the switch, there are "other fault" on poe ports, but that notification is not receiving by IMC

cfritz
Advisor

A little late but what I have down was enable logging on the switches and pointed the logs to IMC. Then I have created a syslog template to detect "Other Fault" and changed the alert to "Critical". In the template content put enter Other Fault. Then create a syslog alarm from the syslog template created.