1753466 Members
4788 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: IMC Real-Time Location: No results (Timeout) when searching for MAC, but IP is fine

kartman
Occasional Visitor

IMC Real-Time Location: No results (Timeout) when searching for MAC, but IP is fine

Hello community !

I have a small issue with the real time location service in IMC.  When using an IP address of any connected client in our LAN as location type, I will get a result within seconds - delivering switch and connected interface for the device.

Searching for a MAC-address somehow doesn't work and will run into a timeout. Using the MIB Management module from IMC, I can walk through the interfaces and can see the MAC address which I'm looking for. Searching for a MAC directly on any switch of course also works.

The only document I could find until yet is this one:
https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03466935

But it's written for the case of a timeout when searching for an IP, which is working in my environment.

I'd appreciate any ideas and thoughts here.

Best, Martin

5 REPLIES 5
mschrein2
Frequent Advisor

Re: IMC Real-Time Location: No results (Timeout) when searching for MAC, but IP is fine

Hello,

what IMC Version are you using?

kartman
Occasional Visitor

We're using iMC PLAT 7.3 

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

This was broken for me in iMC PLAT 7.3 (E0506)

Fixed for me in iMC PLAT 7.3 (E0506P07)

Don't bother with E506p03

BadHabit
Advisor

in my case with E506P07 it is still half-broken.

I do get a result but only the uplink interface on our core where the IP/MAC is seen on, no exact port result from access switches as before.

will this be fixed?

NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

I just tested this and I do get the exact port on the access switch where the mac is located.

I am running mac authentication on all my user access ports.

I wondered if that was the reason it was successful, so I tested a server that is not on an authentication port.

Both auth controlled and normal ports were correctly indentified. So is it a bug or something different in your setup?