Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMC SNMP issue

AAlghaith
Occasional Visitor

IMC SNMP issue

Hi ..

Im setting up IMC and in the priveos 2 days it was wroking fine .. but today IMC started showing 

10.10.10.3 Device does not respond to SNMP packets

I can see this error for about 4 switches on my network !

any solution ? 

4 REPLIES
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Re: IMC SNMP issue

Have you checked that the devices are online, and responding correctly? Is there some issue on your network? High latency between your IMC server and those devices? 

Is this alarm intermittent, or is it always active?

GhaithAA
Visitor

Have you checked that the devices are online, and responding correctly? Is there some issue on your network? High latency between your IMC server and those devices? 

it is online , how to check if it's responding correctly ? , there is no issue in the network , there is no high latency between the server and these switches.

Is this alarm intermittent, or is it always active?

when I recover it .. it's gone for 5-20 minutes and sometimes more .. then i'ts back again !

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

What is normal latency between IMC and those devices? Check the IMC graphs. What about CPU on those systems - is that normal?

Most likely issue is that either the device is struggling to respond in time (e.g. CPU problems on device), or there are dropped/delayed packets in your network, between the IMC server and the device. 

Is there any common pattern with the devices with alarms? E.g. are they all the same part of the network? 

GhaithAA
Visitor

the probles seems to be fixed without any action from myside !

maybe it happened when there is heavy load in the network .. I'll try to monitor the links when it happened again

thanks for your support