6427 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: IMC STD: Remote dabase connectivity issue @ installation

RPapaux
Valued Contributor

IMC STD: Remote dabase connectivity issue @ installation

Hello,

I'm trying to install a new IMC STD with remote databse.

Both DB and and IMC servers are running Windows 2016, and DB is MS-SQL2016.

I following the procedures of the mosr recent installation manual (for v7.2) and I'm getting an error saying that credentials or server names might be wrong (errors found in the \Windows\IMC-Reserved directory. This is obviously not the case as we checked with the MS-SQL Managemment studio tools and the remote connection works fine.

I have obviously remove the bad CYPHER keys (on both IMC and DB servers) known to create  connexion problems.

My old manual mentions a checking tool "envcheck.bat" that I cannot find in the tools directory.

In there any prerequisites on server or client sides that might be missing?

Any idea how to move forward?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Nitish_N
HPE Pro

Hello,

Please share the iMC software version which you're trying to install as windows server 2016 and MS SQL 2016 are supported only on the latest version 7.3 E0605. Earlier iMC sofware version didn't support Windows 2016 OS.

Also below is the link to latest iMC installation guide with remote database. 

http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c05367569-2.pdf

Accept or Kudo
RPapaux
Valued Contributor

In the mean time I have solved my problem.

The issue was that the database server was hosting several DB instances. one of which was the IMCDB.

the DBA did not set a specifc port for the IMCDB, so SQLSEVER was using a dynamic one...

This work fine with Microsoft DB Manager tool, but NOT with the JDBC driver (used by IMC), which expects a dedicated port.

So the DBA set a dedicated port (in my case 1435) just for the IMC instance and everything works fine.

Thanks

Ray

Nitish_N
HPE Pro

Hi Ray,

Good to know the issue got resolved. Whenever we try to install iMC with centralized DB which is used for other application too, we have to make sure we use the dedicated instance and port else it will cause issue..

-N

Accept or Kudo