1753508 Members
5145 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: IMC : Script for VLAN untagged ports swap ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
JeromeB
Occasional Advisor

IMC : Script for VLAN untagged ports swap ?

Hello Community,

We are going to move our current client vlans to a new one, during out of office hours (about 50 switchs & 800+ ports concerned).

I have seen that IMC offers a GUI for this purpose (Service>VLAN Deployment Task> Add Task > Deploy Access Ports) which is quite useful, but unfortunately the huge drawback is that it cannot be scheduled, and applies right after you commit the desired changes.

I've seen a previous post related to this specific problem, left unresponded (https://community.hpe.com/t5/IMC/scheduling-vlan-untagging/m-p/6867431#.Xbg-Z3tCeUk).

Is it possible to script this kind of VLAN swap and push it through "Configuration Templates" of IMC, so that this task can be scheduled ?

Thank you in advance !

3 REPLIES 3
jguse
HPE Pro

Hello,

Please check the Resource > Batch Operation > Interface Configuration Guide feature. This one also supports the same VLAN-related features, and allows you to schedule the operation, unlike VLAN Manager.

image.png

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo
JeromeB
Occasional Advisor

Hello Justin, and thank you for your reply.

I just tried it : it does indeed work and is schedulable, but it seems only our H3C switches (5120) seem to support access ports PVID operation. Our "main fleet" consisting of about 50 HP/Procurve/Aruba switches do not appear in the supported device list :

H3C 5120 onlyH3C 5120 only

Same thing for "Modify Hybrid Port", only 5120 series are shown.

I also tried "Add ports to VLAN", which works (all devices show up as supported) but only for tagging selected ports, it does not swap an untagged port to another VLAN.

jguse
HPE Pro
Solution

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback, I didn't realize the batch operation is limited in this way. In that case, you'll want to use a CLI Script instead. With ProCurve/AOS you can change the "PVID" by creating a CLI Script with contents like:

configure

vlan ${vlan-id} untagged ${port-range}

When you deploy the script, select all the applicable devices, and then fill in the variables on a per-device basis. They can also be scheduled as needed.

port-range variable should be filled in during deployment with the interfaces you want to change on the devices, in the format that ProCurve/AOS accepts, like:

[ethernet] PORT-LIST Enter a port number, a list of ports or 'all' for all ports.

Examples: 1,3-4,6 or A1-A2,B4,C5  (port numbering varies by fixed-port/chassis/stackable models)

If you would like Batch Operations or VLAN Deployment to be expanded in the future to support this directly, please contact your HPE Sales/Account Management rep and ask them to open Feature Request(s) for IMC.

PS. A more advanced alternative is to add a new custom Interface Configuration Guide option to perform this task on ProCurve/AOS switches. The unofficial IMC Customization document has a chapter on "Creating custom batch device and interface operations".

Best regards,
Justin

Working @ HPE
Accept or Kudo