108723 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

IMC Standard 5.2/5.1 Fail to Install on RHEL6.1

SOLVED
Go to solution
FelicioGS
Occasional Advisor

IMC Standard 5.2/5.1 Fail to Install on RHEL6.1

I'm trying to install IMC Standard on Red Hat EL 6.1 x64 as the Oracle 11 R2 Linux x64 is the only database that we could use in this environment, but even after a double check on packages requirements (some was missing on RHEL6.1 initial setup and I installed through "yum groupinstall" or rpm -ivh) I still have the error below on "envcheck.sh" or on "install.sh":

Althrough I'm using the "sys" user on database (I'm able to connect to database with "sqlplus sys/password@hp as sysdba)I got the error below (font in red) on envcheck.sh of IMC 5.2 installation files or when I try to use the IMC 5.1 installation files I got a "Connecting to the database failed".

What should I correct or check to be able to install it ?

TIA,

Felicio Santos.

My environment variables:

ORACLE_BASE=/u01/app/oracle
ORACLE_HOME=/u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1
ORACLE_OWNER=oracle
ORACLE_SID=hp
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/lib

My tnsnames.ora:

# Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

HP =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
      (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)(PORT = 1521))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SERVICE_NAME = hp)
    )
  )

Attached are my rpm -qa result.

envcheck.sh stdout:

Some required packages were not found on your operating system. Please install them by following the instructions in the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 6.x Installation Guide.

Can not find instInfoFile - /etc/iMC-Reserved/instinfo.txt
Change LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0.x86_64/jre/lib/amd64/server:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0.x86_64/jre/lib/amd64:/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0.x86_64/jre/../lib/amd64:/u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/db_1/lib
Execute 'conntest' failed
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "/tmp/1362775250851/common/lib/conntest_linux" (in directory "/tmp/1362775250851/common/lib"): java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
        at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:475)
        at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:610)
        at com.h3c.imc.deploy.Util.executeCommand(Util.java:2685)
        at com.h3c.imc.deploy.dma.wizard.DatabaseSelectPanelDescriptor$DbConnectCheckingWorkingDialog.doConntest(DatabaseSelectPanelDescriptor.java:1443)
        at com.h3c.imc.deploy.dma.wizard.DatabaseSelectPanelDescriptor$DbConnectCheckingWorkingDialog.doWork(DatabaseSelectPanelDescriptor.java:1323)
        at com.h3c.imc.deploy.dma.wizard.DatabaseSelectPanelDescriptor$DbConnectCheckingWorkingDialog.doWork(DatabaseSelectPanelDescriptor.java:1197)
        at com.h3c.imc.deploy.wizard.WorkingDialog$ProgressWorker.doInBackground(WorkingDialog.java:282)
        at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:291)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:334)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:166)
        at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:330)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
        at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:164)
        at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:81)
        at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:468)
        ... 13 more

4 REPLIES 4
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: IMC Standard 5.2/5.1 Fail to Install on RHEL6.1

Looking at the install guide, these are the required packages:

• glibc-2.12-1.25.el6.i686.rpm

• libaio-0.3.107-10.el6.i686.rpm

• libgcc-4.4.5-6.el6.i686.rpm

• libstdc++-4.4.5-6.el6.i686.rpm 

Looking at your list of RPMs, you seem to have all of those, but you may need the 32-bit versions (i686) as well as the 64-bit version (x86_64). I'm not certain on this for IMC, as all of my IMC installs have been on Windows. However, I have run into a very similar problem with some other HP Software, where some 32-bit libraries were required, in addition to the 64-bit libraries. 

Actually, check out this thread here:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/IMC/unable-to-install-IMC-5-1-on-a-RHEL-Linux-with-Mysql/td-p/5766901

Peter's saying you do need the 32-bit versions of those libraries. Give that a go, hopefully it works!

FelicioGS
Occasional Advisor

That's right ! Just installed the 32bit version of libraries and the check passed as also the setup. Thanks for your assistance and quicker answer !

paulgear
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the pointer to the other thread, Lindsay. That was exactly the issue for me in an install of IMC 7.0. What's the bet if I remove the 32-bit libraries after the installation is done, things will still work perfectly? ;-)
Regards,
Paul
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me. Maybe I should investigate further using lsof on a CentOS IMC server I've got running these days? I've seen some other apps where either it was just a leftover requirement in the installer, or the 32-bit libraries were only used by the installer, and not the actual app.