5689 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: IMC Standard License activation on Enterprise Edition

Rizwan55
Occasional Visitor

IMC Standard License activation on Enterprise Edition

Dear All,

I have downloaded IMC Enterprise Evaluation version few weeks back. I did all the installation and module configurations including, NTA, SHM, APM.

I received instructions from managment to activate the license since testeing has done successfully. I tried to activate the licese and got to know that available license is for standard edition instead so I got a warning while trying to activate it "The license version (Standard Edition) does not match the installed system version (Enterprise Edition).
Are you sure to proceed with license registration?"

I need an advise, if activating this license wont effect any confguration and if I can proceed without having to re-install and reconfigure everything. 

Thanks, 

Rizwan Ali

Private Info Erased

2 REPLIES 2
ibias
Regular Advisor

Hello,

if you bought an imc Standard but install imc Enterprise you can not activate it. You must have an imc Enterprise license.

Two option to change:

1. ask your HPE/Aruba sales guy to help to change the license from imc Standard to imc Enterprise, or

2. make a backup of your imc Enterprise DB, deinstall imc Enterprise and install imc Standard and all the modules you want to use (all those who bought them). Then restore your imc DB from the backup.

Rizwan55
Occasional Visitor

Hi, Thank you for your answer. 

Please see the attached screenshot, it actually gives an option to continue anyway but I am not sure if this will work or not.