5593 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: IMC Ver 7 - Alarms

larrymac
Frequent Advisor

IMC Ver 7 - Alarms

Hi

Since upgrading to Ver 7 we are gettting constant alarms from non-HP equipment on IMC.

Basically any device that is not 3Com, H3C or HP seems to be generating an alarm.    A lot of these would be using SNMPv1.

We tried removing device and rediscovering but get same issue.

For now, we have just simply umanaged device to stop alarms.

I can use "Open Web Manager" to broswer to device so IMC can ping and browse to device.  If I use MIB Mangement on device setting I can connect to device and check its uptime.  Uptime in window of device view differs from uptime on actual device when you use MIB Management.  MIB Mangement Uptime is correct  whilst Device view uptime is incorrect. (just an observation)

Any ideas why jump from Ver 5.2 to Ver 7 would cause this?

I have attached screen-shot of alarms.  Same for all devices.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

I haven't seen that in any of my systems upgraded to 7. I wonder if it's a timeout issue?

Having said that, I don't use SNMPv1 much - it's almost always v2c or v3. What sort of devices are they, and can they use SNMPv2c (or even better, v3?)
larrymac
Frequent Advisor

Hi Lindsay

They are UPS management in remote locations.  I will have to check if they can use SNMPv2 but I suspect not.

If it is a Timeout issue do you know of any way to troubleshoot?

Thanks

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

You could extend the timeout, or you could use Wireshark to watch the communications flow. Look for SNMP requests that get sent twice, with no response.